Author Topic: Clone 858D+ hot air rework reed switch question  (Read 2182 times)

Offline TT_VertTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Clone 858D+ hot air rework reed switch question
« on: February 23, 2018, 07:40:55 am »
It seems I have to have my handle oriented in a certain way to shut off the unit and it looks symmetrical enough where I don't know which side it is half the time so I find myself watching to ensure temp lowers when it is replaced.  Has anyone added a second reed switch on the opposite side?    Mine is caked in hot glue does anyone know anything about it?  From what I've seen it's a 5V Normally closed reed switch.

Thanks much,

Dave

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
Re: Clone 858D+ hot air rework reed switch question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:26:53 pm »
I thought the reed switch is normally open? Let me know if this is wrong.
You can put a screwdriver in the wand holder and feel the two magnets.

Here is the schematic I drew of the Youyue 858D+ with 856D06.PCB and the wand.

These 858D+ hot air stations are kinda dangerous, so I don't trust the wand sensor.
Even the on/off switch is dangerous, leaving hazardous live mains running to the wand when it's switched "off"  :palm:

Offline TT_VertTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Clone 858D+ hot air rework reed switch question
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 06:05:47 am »
Sorry I didn't get notified about replies to this.  I did notice one magnet was missing.  Glue there but magnet gone.  All I had was tape magnet which isn't very strong so that did very little.  I may see if I can find a piece of strong magnet that is thin enough but I doubt I do. Another reed switch may be easier :)    You are right it is normally opened, took it apart and checked.  Good thing as SPST N/C axial reed switches are hard to find and 10x the price.   I did go through the unit and ensured that it was wired and grounded correctly at least.  The unit I have looks quite a bit different internally than all of the videos I saw of people going through and checking their devices.   Hot was going through the fuse, unsure about the power switch, I didn't read much about that to be honest.

Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf