Author Topic: confused with connecting the BMS balance wires  (Read 4113 times)

Offline AdhithTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
confused with connecting the BMS balance wires
« on: March 22, 2018, 01:46:05 pm »
hello friends,
    I'm planning to make a 4S1P battery pack. I'm using a BMS with balance charge function. But I'm so confused with the 5 balance wires that could be connected to the connector on the board. I have attached a pic of the BMS board that I'm using in my project. My question is , apart from the balance wires there are 7 silver pads i.e P+, P-, B+, B-, B1, B2, B3 on the board. I have already attached wires from these silver pads to the respective terminals as shown in the second pic. But what should I do with the balancing wires?? these are also named to connect in the same terminals as of the silver pads so what should I do ?? Should I short these balance wires to the silver pads for the balancing to work or I just don't connect it assuming that its an additional setup for those who don't wishes to solder to the 5 terminals(B+, B-, B1, B2, B3) on silver pads.

Offline hli

• Frequent Contributor
Re: confused with connecting the BMS balance wires
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 03:07:34 pm »
P+ and P- got to the output (or the charger when charging). B+ and B- go to the most positive and most negative end of your battery stack. Then B1,2,3 go to the connections between the cells. Connect them as indicated in the second picture. When your battery pack already has balancing wires, they go to these connectors on the BMS. When you have 5 balancing wires, the outer wires should to to B+ and B-, and the inner ones to B1,2,3. Measure the voltages, respective to ground, to make sure you get the correct order of the wires.

Offline AdhithTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 04:02:39 pm »
Thank you for your reply. The connection diagram shows the connections that I have done. I have already soldered with some different wires ( not the wires that came with the circuit) to the silver pads on the board. What I'm confused is with the white plug on the board and the balancing wires that came with the circuit. My question is should I again connect the balancing wires in the plug and solder it to the silver pads, since I have already taped wires to all the respective terminals on the battery pack . I just want to know that do I need both the connection from the silver pads and the white plug ??

Offline hli

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 09:34:10 pm »
Without knowing in detail about your BMS: the white plug is a balancing connector, so you can directly plug in a battery pack. This is useful for packs that come with such a connector - in contrast to a pack you make by yurself where you want to solder the wires.
So you need only one of the connections - either use the connector, or solder wires. You can do both, it should not hurt (unless you mix up the order of the wires), but makes no sense.

The following users thanked this post: Adhith

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf