Author Topic: Datasheet app  (Read 2885 times)

Offline ChopsticksTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Datasheet app
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:00:56 pm »
I'm not to sure if I'm in the right area for this but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good ipad app for storing all my datasheets so I can take them on the go. I don't mind paying for the app as this is a really useful thing for me as I move around with my projects a lot
Thanks guys

Tac Eht Xilef

Re: Datasheet app
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 01:10:58 pm »
I'm not to sure if I'm in the right area for this but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good ipad app for storing all my datasheets so I can take them on the go. I don't mind paying for the app as this is a really useful thing for me as I move around with my projects a lot
Thanks guys

How 'bout a using a reference / citation manager (e.g. EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc)?  Definitely overkill, but they usually have better organisational/searching/annotation features when compared to PDF managers like GoodReader / GoodNotes, etc.

(Personally I use a Mac program called Sente on my Mac & iDevices, but any of the others should do as well...)

jucole

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 02:06:35 pm »
On the PC I stuff them onto Google-drive / Dropbox then open them on the iPad and organise  them to the "PDF Reader" reader app.

Offline ChopsticksTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:42:21 am »
Tac I'll take a look at endnote etc

I haven't really though about using something on my mac, currently it's just a big mess of a folder

I could import into the iBooks "PDF reader' but the problem is it isn't really good at search, meta data and so forth, I with there was a good mac and ipad app that has cross referencing built in... I can dream :)

Offline cellularmitosis

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 07:10:03 am »
I use Dropbox to keep my data sheets synced between my Mac, PC, and iPhone.  Free and simple.

A paid Evernote account would search the contents of the PDFs.
LTZs: KX FX MX CX PX Frank A9 QX

Offline jeremy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 07:50:40 am »
I use GoodReader and Google Drive

Offline jbrewton

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 09:11:13 pm »
What about using the Octopart App to just look at them when you want.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf