Author Topic: From no parts to decent stockpile, best approach?  (Read 684801 times)

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: From no parts to decent stockpile, best approach?
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2024, 08:27:09 am »
Yep, very handy, good components. You can store some of the bins like little books saving bench space.
However, two nitpicks:
1) please choose a uniform packaging format
2) make the IC components pack available again,

I know this is an old post... but it is Pinned...

I've had some luck with an Amazon seller that goes by EEEEE (or eeeee.shop ).

They sell Jelly Bean (very common) electronic components (Resistors, LEDs, Diodes, Transistors, Capacitors, ETC.) but they kind of Add Value in that they sell their components in individually closable containers and they have nice color coordinated labels with some useful simple information.  This really helps in the organization of the component parts from the start and they are nice and compact (do not take up too much space).

So if your new and want to quickly get some common circuit components, check them out...

Example below of their component kits.

(Attachment Link)

Offline 5U4GB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2024, 10:27:42 am »
They sell Jelly Bean (very common) electronic components (Resistors, LEDs, Diodes, Transistors, Capacitors, ETC.) but they kind of Add Value in that they sell their components in individually closable containers and they have nice color coordinated labels with some useful simple information.  This really helps in the organization of the component parts from the start and they are nice and compact (do not take up too much space).

I like EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee..... as well, it's just so convenient to have a few boxes of individually-labelled common parts you can get at quickly instead of having to go through drawers of stuff to find the 555 you were sure you had somewhere... maybe the next drawer down... or did I leave it on the workbench?  The other day I needed to terminate a Modbus (RS-485) chain and pulled a 120ohm out of the EEEEEE resistor folder without even stopping to think about where the pack of intended-for-the-purpose resistors might be at the moment.

The following users thanked this post: RAPo

Offline cosmicray

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2024, 09:41:53 pm »
You'll never be able to stock ALL parts.

Challenge accepted.
I did a mental exercise concerning E96 resistors (and only SMD). The magnitudes (beginning at 0R0 and proceeding up to ~9M76) contained 768 unique values per footprint size, without even getting into thick film, thin film or ppm variants. A shop with a full set of reels much have a significant investment in resistors alone. It starts out small, but then it just grows and grows.
it's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious - R. Rabbit

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2024, 09:38:40 pm »
Re. de-soldering practice

... of course the haul of components from a pcb can be total, but unless you have noted the location and description of each component you may not be able to reassemble  :palm:

Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf