Author Topic: DC2DC 1,5v to 2v  (Read 1776 times)

Offline jarleicemanTopic starter

• Contributor
DC2DC 1,5v to 2v
« on: November 30, 2013, 06:32:51 pm »
Hello
I'm a man from the Cold North...Norway, and I have a question about DC2DC... :-DD :
I shall use this in a set of active headphones..and there are a 1,5v AAA batery here, but the voltage is to low...I have too have at least 2v for it...(not more than 3,5v..)
and the current is less than 100 mA, so I wonder if you have a solution for my project:
with a small capasators diodes and resistor (at easy at is can be...) I dont want to use active compenents (like Op-Amps etc...)
mabe a dobler of the voltage how do I do it....(I see I can use a DC.DC boost converter), but I want too make it cheap and with as less components as posible.... :-// :-//
senserly
jarleiceman

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor
Re: DC2DC 1,5v to 2v
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 06:46:14 pm »
It's not cheap, but it should work very well for your needs.

I've recently done a project using LT1307:

http://uk.farnell.com/linear-technology/lt1307cn8-pbf/ic-dc-dc-up-converter-1307-dip8/dp/9560394
http://uk.farnell.com/linear-technology/lt1307bcs8-pbf/ic-dc-dc-up-converter-smd-soic8/dp/1273725

It's available in DIP package so you can put it on a breadboard and you can basically follow the circuit in the datasheet and just adjust the two resistor to get the output to 2v or 2.5v or 3v or whatever you want. It's also available as SOIC or other surface mount stuff so you could use all surface mount stuff and do the dc-dc converter in about 2 centimeters of pcb...
It can output up to 100mA, so it fits your needs.
It's very efficient, it works with as little as 1v so it will even work with rechargeable AAA batteries and works at high frequency so you only need very small parts (an inductor, a diode, a few resistors and capacitors.. about 1-2$ worth of parts)
Yes, I know you said you don't want active components... but at up to 100mA it's not quite as easy as you think to get good quality and performance.

Offline jarleicemanTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: DC2DC 1,5v to 2v
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 06:57:51 pm »
 :) ;) Thank you mariush, i'l try this one..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf