Author Topic: dp832 spurious no load reading  (Read 1865 times)

Offline gb243Topic starter

• Contributor
dp832 spurious no load reading
« on: April 03, 2015, 11:55:02 am »
After a long wait my new DP832 arrived yesterday but there is an issue. Channel 1 shows 40ma of current 20 seconds after startup (and channel turned on) even when there is no load. If I put a resistor accross the terminals sufficient for 1ma current flow the spurious reading goes away. If I put a proper load onto channel 1 or 2 they both read the same. The 40ma reading just vanishes. My resolution is only 10ma so should I just keep a high value resistor accross the terminals or send it back?

I guess sending it back is a no brainer but that means doing without for many more weeks as I know the distributer has no stock. Has anyone seen this before?

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
Re: dp832 spurious no load reading
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 04:39:31 pm »
What current does it read when you short circuit channel 1?

Can you short CH1 output with a DMM set to current mode and confirm the current readout?
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline gb243Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: dp832 spurious no load reading
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 06:08:52 pm »
With no load it shows the 40ma any load as small as 1ma and the reading vanishes. If I set 8ma CC then my DMM reads about 9ma and the display shows 10 as that is the display resolution. From cold start up the 40ma reading takes about 90s to display. After warm up it appears rapidly from a full power down and restart.

So the reading is more of an annoyance. Switzerland has the customer service of the UK in the 1970s. Something has to be on fire and the dealer will still tell you to send it back to the manufacturer. This current does not seem to be real and normally I can ignore these things it is just I can imagine this getting worse over time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf