Author Topic: Earth yourself  (Read 14598 times)

Offline kncaTopic starter

Earth yourself
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:38:19 pm »

hello, i did the test the guy do in the video, and well, i get the same results,
when i am near my notebook i get 15-25v of lecture in the multimeter and when i touch  ground i get near to zero

the guy is just touching ground with the multimeter and positive to his body, and then when he touch ground at same time, all EMF that
hits him, become like out of his body,

doing this is healthy ? whats exactly what multimeter is showing? is this video a "scam" ?  what do you think ?

Alex

Re: Earth yourself
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:57:34 pm »
Sorry to reply with a question, but I am very curious. What is your background knca?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:02:46 pm by Alex »

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:29:57 pm »
what is my background?
i think i don't understand your question sorry, i am from spain and english is not my native lang :s

what you mean with my background?

Offline johnmx

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 11:31:24 pm »
This is a promotion (marketing) video. The only thing you will protect using those ground pads are the equipment and not yourself. This is absolutely essential when you handle electrostatic sensitive devices. But final products like computers, cellphones, etc. are already protected.

Normally when a video has a fireplace on the background it means there will be some sex scene. I don't see any girl…baaaa!
Best regards,
johnmx

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 12:02:43 am »
what is my background?
i think i don't understand your question sorry, i am from spain and english is not my native lang :s

what you mean with my background?

Student ?
Professional ?
Hobbyist ?

Or just say your age  ;)

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 12:36:56 am »
Student, 26 years old

yes its a marketing video, but aside of this... do you think guys, the fact of be grounded isolates you from EMF
that can end up being harmful? or this EMF is not harmful at all and ground yourself is just a no sense thing and dont protect you of nothing?

Offline daedalus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 12:47:01 am »
If you believe this guy then i have some magic beans i would happily sell you, only a few hundred dollars each, and they cure all your ills as well as stopping EMF :)

I completely LOLed at the line "allowing the earths antioxidant electrical nutrition to come in", there really is a sucker born every minute.

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 12:56:42 am »
And I thought speaker cables were bad enough as devices for separating fools and their money.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 01:44:28 am »
"grounding technology" saving your kids and family! but not yourself and your money!
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 03:17:19 am »
maybe this guy has some good energy harvesting ideas.
-Time

Alex

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 08:25:11 am »
Thanks knca, what are you studying?

As you might have figured from the replies, this product is a scam, stay away from it. This is the most honest and to the point answer I can provide, and it is coming from people that have nothing to earn from you not buying this product.

Do you know how much this product costs?

Alex

Offline Cj1corbystarlet

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 09:45:00 am »
Ok this guy is a Wack job,   On the other side "Blonde chick at 0:45 sec" can i probe her for emf radiation ??

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 10:09:58 am »
i study an informatic

Alex yes, everything his web is really expensive, but i can ground myselft with a simple wire anyway,
is not the fact how this video is recorded or at witch price they sell their grounding pads
is the fact to know why this is "a scam" or why not, and what are exactly the  lectures multimeter is returning.

because i did exactly the same test and i get the same result, so to anyone who make it, its easy to think: "oh well thats true, EMF that hits my body are growing when i am near electronic devices and come off of my body when i am touching ground"

so if this is scam can any one make an explanation about why is a scam?

thnkss

Offline orbiter

• Frequent Contributor
  • -0 Resistance is Futile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 10:57:26 am »
See that nice looking room with a fabulous fireplace and expensive looking AV equipment? Well, just think.. You could have all that too if you just learned to talk out of your ass like him :)

Just take a look at the website HERE, and it's plain to see that this guy will sell just about anything at exorbitant prices with an abundance of unbelievable claims....

"What Can Earthing Do For You?
Diffuse the inflammation and improve or eliminate the symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders.
Reduce or eliminate chronic pain.
Improve sleep in most cases.
Increase energy.
Lower stress and promote calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones.
Normalize the body's biological rhythms.
Thin blood and improve blood pressure and flow.
Relieve muscle tension and headaches.
Lessen hormonal and menstrual symptoms.
Dramatically speed healing and help prevent bedsores.
Reduce or eliminate jet lag.
Protect the body against potentially health-disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs).
Accelerate recovery from intense athletic activity."

Offline Trigger

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 11:14:55 am »
You should try the latest in bioelectric technology... the Boostcap Bling(tm)(patent pending).  These caps are 2600 Farads and can hold a whole lot of energy!  These aren't just any boostcaps though.  These caps are treated with the tears of virgin albino Jackalopes, with Bunyip option for those down under!  They'll store and balance your bodies natural bioelectric field to keep you energetic all day long!

There's just as much medical proof behind my on the fly created device there.  I'm sure I could get that guy to sell it though and talk it up just as well as his grounding health benefits pseudoscience. In fact being grounded can be very bad for you if you come in contact with high voltages.  That life extending grounding pad would kill a power company lineman.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:18:14 am by Trigger »

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 01:08:38 pm »
yes you can make a zapper for 10$ and there is no need to pay 250$
or you can ground yourself with a wire and you dont need to spend 50$ on a grounding pad or 200 in a grounding bed pad

but aside of  teasing about their prices, how its recorded this video, or the fact they include any kind of symptom as a healthy feature to boost sells as a marketing strategy, still no one explained if the fact to ground yourself is really isolating you of "harmful" electromagnetic fields as apparently looks when using a multimeter, or their claims are senseless for this and that reason.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:24:05 pm by knca »

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 01:16:56 pm »
No,it's nonsense.

OK,you can read varying voltages around a room with a Digital Multimeter,but they are fairly random,& more due to the characteristics
of the meter & leads than anything else.
As far as is known, "voltages" of these levels are completely harmless.
If they were harmful,surely it would be even more harmful to earth yourself,so that the voltages will be reduced by the current flow through
your body. :D
To "isolate" yourself,you would have to wear a wire mesh suit,so the currents would flow on the outside of the suit.

He starts off talking about AC voltages due to the electricity supply,then halfway through says that his "earth" system works because of
the Earth's "natural negative charge".A negative charge would have no effect either way,on an AC signal.
Later he says that the "Dirty Electricity" is an" Electrostatic charge ".
Electrostatic charges have been around since the dawn of time,& have nothing to do with mains electrical supplies.

Towards the end,he starts talking about  "Natural electrical nutrition" or something like that,which screams "Scam" to me.

By the way, did you see the large Electromagnetic field generator in the background?
I'm sitting in front of one too,as it's pretty cold tonight.
Yes! Wood fires generate heat,which is a form of Electromagnetic radiation!

VK6ZGO
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:24:01 pm by vk6zgo »

Offline the_raptor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 04:12:06 pm »
All earthing will do is drop your electro-static charge (which does build up from EMF) down to that of the Earth (it is fairly crap for the job but it is the only common reference we have).

Anyone who can show a mechanism for electro-static charge or "background" EMF causing illness will win a nobel prize and make tens of millions of dollars.

Offline johnmx

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 04:13:27 pm »
I’m going to design a portable Faraday cage for humans. 10k€/each seams a good price for initial promotion.
Does anyone help me recording the video? I offer him the first unit! ;D
Best regards,
johnmx

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 04:51:01 pm »
because he sell $1 product at $1000 price.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 06:24:12 pm »

heheh thats another history then,
thing does the work was designed for, 

the main topic is know if the fact of ground yourself is healthy or the lectures the multimeter are showing, are something else than dropping static energy

alm

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 08:01:07 pm »
This is a classic example of the fact that potential difference (often referred to as voltage) is always between two points, IMO. What's so special about earth potential? Nothing, it's just a convenient point to tie our mains circuits to. Everything would work just as well if ground were at +10kV above PE, as long as you're isolated from said earth (example: birds on high voltage lines).

As long as you're isolated from the earth (eg. rubber shoes), your potential relative to the earth is irrelevant, just like the high voltage potential of the birds, no current can flow without a connection. If you connect a multimeter, you're making a connection, and you may measure a potential difference, which will eventually discharge through the DMM's input impedance. If you are connected to the earth (eg. by touching a grounded piece of equipment), charge will flow to eliminate the potential, in which case you already accomplished what this $$$ gizmo claims to do.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:42:45 pm by alm »

Offline Leo Bodnar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 09:04:50 pm »
Of course this chap does not know what he is talking about but stop and think about this:

Human body is a conductor so essentially an antenna for SW and lower frequencies.

When you ground yourself you become a quarter-wave dipole tuned to about 44MHz.  As with any antenna there will be RF current flowing through it. 
There is RF power dissipated in the body as well as RF current is flowing through it.  You don't even need good grounding - shoes would work OK as a coupling capacitor.
Is this good?  I don't know.

It would be interesting to integrate typical received RF power over e.g. 50kHz .. 50MHz range taking into account efficiency of 1.8m vertical dipole.  It may well end up in milliwatt's range.

Reverse is true too.  Most laptops or devices with switched power supplies have a floating ground which still contains harmonics from main switching frequency.  FCC and similar organisations are supposed to look after this but any RF signal coupled via your body will be irradiated and partially absorbed by the body tissues.

Offline Leo Bodnar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 09:22:54 pm »
This is a classic example of the fact that potential is always between two points, IMO.

No, potential is local property of the field. 
Potential difference is probably what you meant?
Potential itself does not show up in field equations - only in its differential form.  So what you assign as zero potential does not affect real world physics.

alm

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »
No, potential is local property of the field. 
Potential difference is probably what you meant?
Yes.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 03:51:00 am »
heheh thats another history then,
thing does the work was designed for, 
the main topic is know if the fact of ground yourself is healthy or the lectures the multimeter are showing, are something else than dropping static energy
you should already know from previous discussion. the thing works as described (grounding mate) is being used everywhere. i was answering OP's/yours another question.
next product for this guy is EMF safety magical strap/bracelet (which the 1st picture will cost the same as the 2nd picture below)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 03:57:51 am by Mechatrommer »

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 09:21:01 am »
When you ground yourself you become a quarter-wave dipole tuned to about 44MHz.  As with any antenna there will be RF current flowing through it. 
And at 88MHz you're a dipole, when you're not grounded. I do remember reading that low VHF is the most dangerous band of non-ionising radiation, presumably for that very reason. As far as every day life is concerned of course it's of very little consequence, unless you're working around a high powered VHF transmitter.

Offline Leo Bodnar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 11:23:21 am »
I can see clearly now.  2080.  Long term DNA damage from permanent exposure to HF and VHF RF has been finally and conclusively proven. Some 1980's scaremonger has been ascended to prophet status because he "predicted" it without understanding what he was talking about.  G73 governments pledge 10 quintillion "old" dollars to reduce their RF footprint.  New dollar has been denominated by a factor of 1000.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:27:22 am by Leo Bodnar »

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 11:46:21 am »
I can see clearly now.  2080.  Long term DNA damage from permanent exposure to HF and VHF RF has been finally and conclusively proven. Some 1980's scaremonger has been ascended to prophet status because he "predicted" it without understanding what he was talking about.  G73 governments pledge 10 quintillion "old" dollars to reduce their RF footprint.  New dollar has been denominated by a factor of 1000.
Too bad we won't be around to bet on it.

Don't you think it's weird that it only took 20 years or research to conclusively prove tobacco, asbestos and harmful ionising radiation all cause cancer, yet low energy non-ionising radiation has been subject to a similar level of study but no clear link has been shown?

Offline Leo Bodnar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 11:57:33 am »
Don't you think it's weird that it only took 20 years or research to conclusively prove tobacco, asbestos and harmful ionising radiation all cause cancer, yet low energy non-ionising radiation has been subject to a similar level of study but no clear link has been shown?
Because cancer is very easy to detect and research - cancer cells are different from normal ones.  Personally I don't believe RF will be found to cause cancer.  DNA mutation in ordinary cells is completely different process.  It is pretty natural process if you believe Darwin was right.  RF exposure might be gently pushing towards malign mutations path.  Or it might be not.  This will take a good few generations to prove.  I know jack about this.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 12:51:57 pm »
Cat Dander,Duck poo,Beer & tea may also be mutating us,but seeing we are fairly complex beings,it may be several millions of years
before it makes much difference.

VK6ZGO

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 01:42:09 pm »
Because cancer is very easy to detect and research - cancer cells are different from normal ones.  Personally I don't believe RF will be found to cause cancer.  DNA mutation in ordinary cells is completely different process.  It is pretty natural process if you believe Darwin was right.  RF exposure might be gently pushing towards malign mutations path.  Or it might be not.  This will take a good few generations to prove.  I know jack about this.
That's why scientists perform experiments on smaller mammals with shorter life cycles than us.

Then there's the cost/benefit analysis. Suppose it's proven that mobile phones increase the cancer rate by one in a billion over a ten year period, does that mean they should be banned? Of course not, they probably save more lives than that.

alm

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 03:30:32 pm »
Personally I don't believe RF will be found to cause cancer.  DNA mutation in ordinary cells is completely different process.
Really? Please explain the difference. Why is UV radiation linked to skin cancer, or ionizing radiation linked to various forms of cancer? My understanding is that it's DNA damage causing a change in cell cycle (eg. something wrong with the checkpoints) through activation of some oncogen (extremely simplified version).

DNA mutation outside gametes is insignificant unless it causes change in behavior. The only mechanism that springs to mind for a small number of cells to cause damage is cancer. Of course if the change effects a significant fraction of the cells, you might be in trouble. But it would be more like accurate radiation sickness at that point, not a small cumulative effect.

It is pretty natural process if you believe Darwin was right. 
Which is why there are various mechanisms to repair DNA damage. It only tends to become a problem when these mechanisms get overwhelmed. This is why some exposure to UV (eg. sunlight) is usually harmless, but too much is associated with skin cancer.

RF exposure might be gently pushing towards malign mutations path.  Or it might be not.  This will take a good few generations to prove.  I know jack about this.
Sure, mutations in gametes may cause birth defects. Do you have a proposed mechanism for low energy electromagnetic radiation to cause eg. point mutations? A claim like 'this may cause troubles in 70 years' is hard to verify. The only thing we can say is that we haven't found a strong correlation yet. Plus the logical issue of proving the absence of harmful effects. Is there any substance or technology that has been proven to be harmless? Even oxygen may cause harm if the concentration in the blood is too high (decompression sickness).

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 07:39:10 pm »
Non-ionising radiation is basically harmless unless you're exposed to a high power source. The only effects on the body are due to heating of the tissues which has been proven over and over. Even harmless visible red light can kill you if you're exposed to a high enough energy source i.e. a high powered laser. The only reason why micowave frequencies are any more dangerous than visible radiation is because you can't see them and they penetrate the skin deeply, heating more sensitive parts of the body. Even lower frequencies are less harmful because the human body is too small relative to the wavelength to absorb a significant amount of radiation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf