Author Topic: Ebay - long delivery  (Read 4099 times)

Offline JaneTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Ebay - long delivery
« on: October 26, 2016, 07:30:32 pm »
When I buy goods from a Chinese seller on Ebay, the delivery can take more than 30 days , which  is a period when you can ask for the refund of money( in case I did not receive the goods). But I can not open the case during this a 30-day-period if the delivery is planned to be longer. So, no open case = no refund from Ebay, if not received the good at the end of the planned period that was longer than those30 days.
Is there any solution to that ?
May I open the case before the planned delivery date?

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
Re: Ebay - long delivery
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 07:40:42 pm »
That's is something that ebay must learn with aliexpress, it's really a failure, they must have a delivery time extension as aliexpress did.

Goods from china rarely didn't come, my experience shows that the worst that can happen are to  be low quality, but 99% of the time the goods arrive

Chinese are very serius regarding shipping the goods, it's not easy to find a real scammer there with a good reputation on ebay. Scammer normally have a lot of negatives

It's up to you

Offline brabus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 07:53:36 pm »
I don't buy from ebay-China anymore.

Semiconductors? Fake alert :bullshit:.

Any other good? You can find it in ebay.de or ebay.co.uk and have it delivered in 2 days.
Heck, you can even find the very same stuff as sold in China, just transported to the EU and ready to be delivered.

Brand new stuff, non-electronic? Amazon.

Offline MatthewEveritt

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 08:54:48 pm »
The 30 deadline for opening a dispute starts on the actual or latest expected delivery date, not the date of purchase. referencek

Offline grifftech

• Frequent Contributor
    • youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 02:38:30 pm »
That's is something that ebay must learn with aliexpress, it's really a failure, they must have a delivery time extension as aliexpress did.

Goods from china rarely didn't come, my experience shows that the worst that can happen are to  be low quality, but 99% of the time the goods arrive

Chinese are very serius regarding shipping the goods, it's not easy to find a real scammer there with a good reputation on ebay. Scammer normally have a lot of negatives

It's up to you
one time I got sent the wrong cable (the cable seemed high quality) we told the seller and they sent the correct cable.

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 05:16:32 am »

1) Don't be cheap.  Pay for faster shipping.  It is unreasonable for you to willingly select slow shipping and then expect the seller to pay on a not received claim based on the shipping taking the amount of time you knew it would take when you selected that shipping speed.

2) Pay using PayPal.  You can file a PayPal dispute for 6 months after you make your payment.  It doesn't matter what eBay's timeline is - you can dispute for 6 months with PayPal.

3) Don't buy items from China if you are not willing to deal with occasionally slow shipping.  It happens.  There is little that is not available from domestic sellers at a slightly higher price.

May I open the case before the planned delivery date?

It depends on how ethical you are, IMO.   Doing this is screwing over sellers because of choices you willingly made.  You are taking money out of their pockets and causing them to possibly lose their seller ratings and increase their listing fees.  As a seller, I would block you for doing this, and to me it is unethical behavior.  But to each their own.
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 06:06:08 am »
I've thus far had excellent luck with Chinese eBay sellers. Sometimes things take forever to get here. It's just the way it is. I find most of the sellers I use to be extremely helpful in tracking shipments. EBay's tracking is very delayed in updating. Try using Track17 or USPS if you're in the states. Those usually have the most up to date info.

Have faith in your Chinese sisters and brothers. They usually will come through for you.

Offline JacquesBBB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 07:18:31 am »
In my experience, ( from France)
Shipping of items from China on ebay usually take from 2 weeks to 8 weeks
(But I  just received an item that took 10 weeks to deliver).

Normally, after these 8 weeks, I will start to send an email to the seller telling  him that I did not received the item.
Then I will let another week or two to  show my good will for waiting,  then I will ask him for  sending another item.

This happened a few times and the seller always send the item, even if the delay for opening an ebay case was over,
and even the delay for giving a feedback ( 2 months, I think) was also over.
I never received twice these items, so the initial one was definitely lost.

Of course this was only for very cheap items. All  electronic components from well rated sellers
( > 98%, most often  > 99%).
For more expensive ones you need at least a tracking number.

On aliexpress, the procedure is more formal. Delivery are usually made with a tracking number, as the seller is only paid when you  receive the item.  So in some sense aliexpress is safer than ebay, but as you see, I had no problems with ebay.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 07:25:55 am by JacquesBBB »

Offline joseph nicholas

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 07:31:26 am »
i only receive 80 percent of the things i buy on aliexpress.  most of thing i never receive are batteries, memory chips, and things over 5 dollars.  probably stolen by local postal workers, my mailman who never changes.  aliexpress makes refunds which never get credited to my credit card Banco Azteca. 

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 09:23:30 am »
2) Pay using PayPal.  You can file a PayPal dispute for 6 months after you make your payment.  It doesn't matter what eBay's timeline is - you can dispute for 6 months with PayPal.
+1
Those whiny buyers who decide to buy from the other end of the world, and then start crying because do not have a patience or could not figure out how long protection they actually have.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 01:52:48 pm »
I never have any unsolved issues with aliexpress, very few times when the good have a problem, I receive full refund on my card after some time. Same for ebay, but refunds on ebay need to be via paypal because ebay system make impossible to do anything longer than 30 days, and  it's very comum when buying from china takes more than that time. 

Offline joseph nicholas

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 02:59:38 pm »

I receive refund every time I have any issues. Either something is between Alipay gateway and your bank has gone wrong, or your bank itself is corrupted.
Payment gateways are designed so that if the net balance is not zero, it will trigger an alarm, so it is likely your bank just took your money.
[/quote]

yes banco azteca wont allow or can´t do charge backs.  mercado pago (the intermediary) wont retain the charge  amount unless you pay in cash at the local convience store. 

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 03:44:01 pm »
1) Don't be cheap.  Pay for faster shipping.  It is unreasonable for you to willingly select slow shipping and then expect the seller to pay on a not received claim based on the shipping taking the amount of time you knew it would take when you selected that shipping speed.
+1. faster shipping usually expensive. at the very least, mail with tracking number is a  must! usually less tolerable seller will ask $5 addition, but most china sellers they will provide free tracking number when you buy many items from them. you can track online the progress of the shipping from day 3 if not from day 1. you have good and security feeling when you see your thing is in motion. without it any bad things can get into your mind.

+1. paypal indicated 180 days, but i havent done that, i will stick to the earlier rule... if the item not reach me within 45 days, i'll open dispute. i will insist on trackable shipping (usually 2 weeks arrival time), if they dont provide it, its not fault on my part if they have to give out free items (money refunded but item will arrive later than 45 days + 20 days raise to "claim" priviledge).
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 03:48:49 pm »
I don't buy from ebay-China anymore.
Semiconductors? Fake alert :bullshit:.
true but not all of them, like earlier poster said, dont be cheap. some china sellers specifically indicated "genuine" part, and the price is more expensive than the usual things from china, thats genuine, afaik..
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf