Author Topic: EEVBlog: #212: Personal Advice  (Read 1269 times)

Offline codemonkeyrawksTopic starter

• Contributor
    • Home
EEVBlog: #212: Personal Advice
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:07:03 pm »
Hi There,

In relation to eevblog video:

I am looking at perhaps building (resistor decade box) for myself - I am curious what might be the best brand of resistors to use or purchase that are high quality.
I am looking at perhaps building a (capacitance box) for myself - I am curious what might be the best capacitors to use or purchase that are high quality.

Just a couple of things I might add to my toolbox.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:09:39 pm by codemonkeyrawks »

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: EEVBlog: #212: Personal Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 12:28:29 am »
You certainly wouldn't want to burn out expensive resistors through carelessness twiddling knobs.

If you haven't used a substitution box much - you are bound to make this error a couple of times in the beginning ... and the odd time later on.

I will leave you to think about how that could happen.  Working out the answer for yourself will give you an understanding that simply telling you will not.

Offline codemonkeyrawksTopic starter

• Contributor
    • Home
Re: EEVBlog: #212: Personal Advice
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 04:14:15 am »
I think I will see if Digikey has some resistors and caps from Vishay that are 1/2W 1% and will work from that (ideally just looking for a brand). I have a small lab (PS, F-Gen, Scope, DMM) and not much ind. components (so it be nice to breadboard out ahead of time along with using this) before I purchase stuff and do some troubleshooting as well.

I don't see me working on high tech gear in this lab :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf