Author Topic: Electric Cars\Bikes  (Read 1040 times)

Offline StrayCitizenTopic starter

Electric Cars\Bikes
« on: November 26, 2015, 10:00:18 am »
Hi Guys Hows Things

Im Building A Electric Trike With A 48V DC 1KW Motor
Couple Things I Need To Know And If You Can Help That Will Be Great

1. Can I Over Volt The Motor To 50V My Controller Can Handle 55V Regulated Power

2. I'am Pumping Through 60a Through A Step-up Converter And Wonder What Size Caps I Need To Regulate The Power, I Would You Voltage Regulator Devices But Cant Find One With Thats 100w or Regulate 50v

3. Iv'e Made A Basic Circuit Could You Guys Proof Read It For Me, Electronic Math Is Horrible For Me :)

Thank For Your Help 
Please Note Im Using A deep Cycle Marine Battery With A Computer PSU 650w To Charge The Batteries.

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
Re: Electric Cars\Bikes
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:14:02 am »
I think you are going to have to do a better job explaining the scematics... It might just be me, but all I'm seeing is a bunch of coils and diodes and I have no clue why you need so many of them in parralell, or what they are even supposed to do. Also, I don't seem to understand what you have all the ideal AC and current sources for... not to mention that if I'm reading it right, in the last schematic you are connecting the 12V and 50V rail to the same point, which won't work...

I would like to add that your motor will probably be fine with 50V, but I don't really see the point of pushing it past spec...
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Offline StrayCitizenTopic starter

Re: Electric Cars\Bikes
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 12:07:11 pm »
Its A Capacitor Bank & Inductor To Regulate Current And Voltage

The One With The 2 Rails Are Switched Between 12v And 50v Through The Switching Filter Bank
Here Is A Updated One

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf