Author Topic: Electrical Parts Inventory/Management system  (Read 36665 times)

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
Re: Electrical Parts Inventory/Management system
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2017, 01:55:41 am »
I create a database with PhpMyAdmin and I do not think it's in the same directory as var / www / https, so when I do the command in my browser, 127.0.0.1/axtparts/index.php, I'm not in the database that PhpMyAdmin supports.

Otherwise with the explanations of the pdf document, when I do: mysql -uroot -p <axtparts-schema-R02.sql, I have the error: ERROR 1046 (3D000) at line 2: No database selected.

When you used phpMyAdmin to create the database, did you also import the initial data? This will be required in order for you to log in and set up the system to suit.
If you have already created the database, you do not need to redo this step: 'mysql -uroot -p <axtparts-schema-R02.sql'. This is only required to create the empty database ready for importing the initial data. Another important step you do not mention is whether you have assigned the privileges to the axtparts user to be able to connect and use the parts database. This is the third step in the Database section of the document.

Add these 2 lines to the top of the schema file if not already there:
create database axtparts;
use database axtparts;

1. Create the database and table structure:
mysql -uroot -p < axtparts-schema-R02.sql

2. Import the initial data:
mysql -uroot -p < axtparts-initialdata-R02.sql

3. Assign the privileges and set a password:
mysql> grant select,insert,update,delete on axtparts.* to ‘axtpartsuser’@’127.0.0.1’ identified by ‘password’;
mysql> flush privileges;

Now edit the site/config/config-axtparts.php file to add the password for the database:
define ("PARTSPASSWD", "DB_PASSWORD");

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:45:37 am by DrGeoff »
Was it really supposed to do that?

Offline doc sylver

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2017, 12:26:02 pm »
Hello,

I'm sorry, but I can not do it, I'm more on Mac OS, in Linux, I do not know much, nor in Mysql.

Due to testing, I have the connecton window, but no login and password will work.

I uninstall all and reinstall, but it's still the same thing. I no longer remember any error messages.

I added the two lines: create database axtparts; And: use database axtparts;

Above the file: axtparts-schema-R02.sql and I had error messages, to try, I did the same thing to the file: axtparts-initialdata-R02.sql and other error messages .

Then, I think that PhpMyAdmin installs the database in ./var/lib/mysql/axtparts, while the doc says to place it in ./var/www/axtparts.

I connect with Firefox at 127.0.0.1/axtparts/index.php, but this is the basis I copied into ./var/www, I do not know how to connect to the base of PhpMyAdmin In Firefox.

I ...

In French, they say: I give my tongue to the cat.

Bye

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2017, 12:35:11 pm »
Hello,

I'm sorry, but I can not do it, I'm more on Mac OS, in Linux, I do not know much, nor in Mysql.

Due to testing, I have the connecton window, but no login and password will work.

I uninstall all and reinstall, but it's still the same thing. I no longer remember any error messages.

I added the two lines: create database axtparts; And: use database axtparts;

Above the file: axtparts-schema-R02.sql and I had error messages, to try, I did the same thing to the file: axtparts-initialdata-R02.sql and other error messages .

Then, I think that PhpMyAdmin installs the database in ./var/lib/mysql/axtparts, while the doc says to place it in ./var/www/axtparts.

No, the database goes wherever the MySQL server is configured to put it. The software connects to the database server, and it is up to the MySQL server to manage the various files associated with the database.

You only need to add those two lines to the database schema, not the initial data import file. That contains data to go into the various tables to get you started.

I connect with Firefox at 127.0.0.1/axtparts/index.php, but this is the basis I copied into ./var/www, I do not know how to connect to the base of PhpMyAdmin In Firefox.

If your web docroot is at /var/www then you can locate the axtparts site at /var/www/axtparts then use your browser to connect to the site according to how you have configured your Apache web server.

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2017, 03:39:05 am »

The initialdata file contains the admin user, to allow you to log in and change password, setup user accounts etc. Also contains some common component categories, footprints etc as a starting point.

Once this data is loaded you can log in as admin and go to the admin tab/system page to see if everything is sane.

Offline doc sylver

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2017, 03:50:29 pm »
Hello,

I come to the news, I had to appeal to my brother who participated in the development of RED HAT at the time and he installed me and configure axtparts in a few minutes in command line.

I would have liked to do it myself, but I did not follow it.

The program works very well and if you allow me, I saw that I could replace the English language tabs with French, it's just for my personal use.

Now I'm looking to import my EXCEL data into .xlsm in the database.

If you have any ideas, I'm a taker.

A big thank you for your help and this super software.

Doc Sylver

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2017, 11:10:05 pm »
Hello,

I come to the news, I had to appeal to my brother who participated in the development of RED HAT at the time and he installed me and configure axtparts in a few minutes in command line.

I would have liked to do it myself, but I did not follow it.

The program works very well and if you allow me, I saw that I could replace the English language tabs with French, it's just for my personal use.

Now I'm looking to import my EXCEL data into .xlsm in the database.

If you have any ideas, I'm a taker.

A big thank you for your help and this super software.

Doc Sylver

Good to hear that you have it all working for you.
It should be easy to replace tab and button text (and even table column headers) with labels in other languages, as it is mostly just text that is rendered when the page is built.

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2018, 10:32:54 pm »
axtparts-3.18 has now been released, which adds BOM copy functionality when creating a new BOM.
This allows a new BOM variant for an assembly to be directly copied from another variant and the relevant BOM lines edited.

https://axtsystems.com/joomla31/index.php/downloads/category/45-dl-axtparts

The following users thanked this post: erniman

Offline erniman

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2018, 02:21:25 am »
Hi DrGeoff... first I have to say Thanks for this great "part management". I saw it here and I want to try it.

I´ve followed all the steps you describe in documentation (https://axtsystems.com/joomla31/index.php/downloads/send/45-dl-axtparts/115-dl-axtparts-doc) but when I try to login on the website I always get "login fail".

As is a fresh install, I´m using to login:   admin / mypassword!

Can you help me with this problem?
Thanks!

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2018, 05:04:47 am »
Hi DrGeoff... first I have to say Thanks for this great "part management". I saw it here and I want to try it.

I´ve followed all the steps you describe in documentation (https://axtsystems.com/joomla31/index.php/downloads/send/45-dl-axtparts/115-dl-axtparts-doc) but when I try to login on the website I always get "login fail".

As is a fresh install, I´m using to login:   admin / mypassword!

Can you help me with this problem?
Thanks!

Thanks. I hope you find it useful.

Firstly, did you import the initial data set? This import has the default admin user, with password set to 'mypassword!'. Don't forget the '!' as the last character.
If so, can you use the mysql command line tool to check that the admin user is present in the user table and imported correctly?
Let me know how you go.

- Geoff

Offline erniman

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2018, 05:45:21 pm »
Hello Geoff, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I´ve imported the initial data set as your manual said.

I checked that user "admin" was created and I changed the password (just in case) following the "mysql_secure_installation" recomendations on passwords strenght, and the problem continues.

I´ve also created another user with a simple password (12345678) and I have the same result.

Maybe I have some privilegies issue on my files?
Thanks!

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2018, 07:47:54 pm »
Hello Geoff, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I´ve imported the initial data set as your manual said.

I checked that user "admin" was created and I changed the password (just in case) following the "mysql_secure_installation" recomendations on passwords strenght, and the problem continues.

I´ve also created another user with a simple password (12345678) and I have the same result.

Maybe I have some privilegies issue on my files?
Thanks!

That was the problem. Using MySQL to change the password was not in the instructions. The software has its own seeded hash password functions and does not,use MySQL to create passwords.
You need to restore the original default password hash that is in the initial data file and then use this to login. Go to the admin tab and you can select the admin user and change the password there and create new users etc.

Offline erniman

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2018, 08:18:47 pm »
Geoff...I have changed the password to the original default password hash that is in the initial data file.
I had to do it manually on MySql using the console, but the problem is still there when I try to login with
username: admin
password: mypassword!

Also I´ve tried on password:  zZ0MXYLX07ks8rgt1vW48AFzBq9pWTR0RAYohA==     

:-BROKE

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2018, 08:58:16 pm »
Geoff...I have changed the password to the original default password hash that is in the initial data file.
I had to do it manually on MySql using the console, but the problem is still there when I try to login with
username: admin
password: mypassword!

Also I´ve tried on password:  zZ0MXYLX07ks8rgt1vW48AFzBq9pWTR0RAYohA==     

:-BROKE

The password should be entered as shown as mypassword!
The ssha password for this in the initialdata file is: 'zZ0MXYLX07ks8rgt1vW48AFzBq9pWTR0RAYohA=='
Another version (different seed) of mypassword! is 'f/vzOGXtpgHlx8/mGujPrtWaUbUgKDhYRYYxaA=='
And another one again, also 'mypassword!': 'ALJ8nkbSKhAqkeKgEOO66dK8PxswkJZ4JRBTdA=='

Any of these should work, provided you setup the database grant for the user entered into the configuration file.

Offline erniman

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2018, 10:24:34 pm »
Solved!

The problem was the "MySQL password policy level" !! It was on MEDIUM, so on MySQL console I ran:
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'validate_password%';
SET GLOBAL validate_password_policy=LOW;

And then I change password on config-axtparts.php (I use a simple one) , save the file and it works!

Thanks for your help Geoff! 

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2018, 10:36:15 pm »
That's great! Hopefully you find the system useful.

Offline donlydpa

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2019, 08:15:33 pm »
Hi everyone,

for those of you who use a manually set up folder to sort the datasheets, like i do - I had posted this ready made folder structure some time ago. I also use the numbering scheme for libraries etc

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/eda/component-category-folder-structure-for-datasheet-organizer/

it can be regenerated based off an attached excel sheet using a batch file and has links in folders of similar subcategories falling under different parent nodes which point to each other. Hope it can be of some good use to somone!

Cheers

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2022, 06:38:46 am »
Just a note that AXTParts version 4 has now been released on GitHub.
There's a small update to the database as detailed in the Readme.
This version is responsive, allowing it to be used on tablets and phones as well as desktops.
It's on GitHub in case others want to fork it to customise their own features.

https://github.com/gswan/axtparts

Offline rooppoorali

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2022, 10:12:51 am »

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2022, 10:57:57 pm »
Mouser has this free tool: https://www.mouser.com/inventory-management/
Like several others, I think this one relies on you using the Mouser "cloud" rather than your own server on your own LAN.

The following users thanked this post: lapm

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2023, 05:03:54 am »
For those still playing along, the website has been updated and links changed.
https://axtsystems.com/axtsystems/proj_axtparts.php

There's a live demo as well now to play with.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf