Author Topic: Eprom beginner programming help TL866 w/m27c322 etc.  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Mikek400Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Eprom beginner programming help TL866 w/m27c322 etc.
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:03:12 pm »
I am a complete beginner with EPROMS.

I bought the TL866 programmer so I could learn about Eproms and also have some fun putting custom games on game cartridges like the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive, NES, and SNES.

I started with the Genesis / MD and managed to copy the exsisting chips in a game I have already. That worked no problem. The game had 2 8 bit chips in it which I duplicated using 2 m27c4001s.. The original proms were 256KB *kilobyte*  proms programmed in an odd even arrangement.   Anyhow, programming some games works but most don't and I'm not sure why.  I think I am splitting the files up properly so, I am at a loss.

So I decided to try to use a 32 bit 42pin eprom such as the m27c322 to eliminate the need for file splitting and possibly make this work.. I read that it was possible to program 42 pin chips  in this post..  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-411-minipro-tl866-universal-programmer-review/msg664955/#msg664955

But I think I need a little more help.. I understand I need to take a breadboard and wire it up to match another chip, but what other chip should I select and how to split files to program properly... Back to splitting files... :-/ 

Just looking for advice to get things off the ground. 

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf