Author Topic: Fluke 787 for general elecronics  (Read 11693 times)

Offline Mr PigTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Fluke 787 for general elecronics
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 09:01:00 pm »
Thanks for the excellent info guys.

The Bryman BM 867 looks ideal and is the right price. It lack temperature and a couple of other cool features compared to the 869 but I don't feel they're worth the difference in cost. I've mailed the eBay seller mentioned to see if he stocks the 867 but TME are in Poland so no import tax if I buy it from them.

Please don't apologise for going off topic, the best threads go that way ;0) And it's all interesting stuff. The video about the guy who killed himself was good...not good that he killed himself but a good quality video that I think will accomplish what it set out to do. I'll show it to my son.

Years ago we had a van driver at my work called Phil who drove like a maniac. He would drive too fast and far too close to vehicles in front but he didn't see any problem with his driving and laughed off criticism. After he'd stopped working for us he trained as a bus driver. We found this out because we saw a news report about a coach overturning on the Heathrow slip of the M25 and realised that the driver was Phil!! Three people died, a lot were injured and Phil got six years, I think it was.

The point being that we all know people like that. Phil could pass the test to drive a bus and had driven around for years without incident but his cavalier attitude to safety and overestimation of his own abilities meant he was fundamentally unsuited to the responsibility of driving a passenger vehicle. Going by the number of safety guidelines the guy who electrocuted himself decided to ignore I think a similar logic applies to him.

Offline Mr PigTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 05:01:33 pm »
Ordered the Bryman BM 867 from TME. Thanks again for the advice, hope he likes it :0)

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 06:21:47 pm »
I am sure he will and I am glad that we might have helped you in some way.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf