Author Topic: NO MORE ALL GONE - Free - Digital Electronics and Circuits course (normally $99)  (Read 6955 times)

Online ShockTopic starter

• Super Contributor
NO MORE ALL GONE

***Limited seats - get in fast***
For those not familiar with Udemy they are an online video training website.
Link has the coupon code - Digital Electronics and Circuits

This is pretty poor example of video training but it's free. I'd not pay $99 for it, you might think different.

Section 1 - Introduction
 Lecture 1: Introduction
Section 2 - Number systems
 Lecture 2: Decimal & binary representation
 Lecture 3: Octal & hexadecimal number representation & number conversation method
 Lecture 4: Conversion Decimal-octal &hexadecimal,binary-decimal & hexadecimal
 Lecture 5: Conversion of binanry-Octal,Hexa-Binary,hex-dec,hex-octal,Oct-decimal,Octal-bina
Section 3 - Numeric codes
 Lecture 6: complimennts & procedures to find the compliments of the numbers Part 1
 Lecture 7: complimennts & procedures to find the compliments of the numbers Part 2
 Lecture 8: complimennts & procedures to find the compliments of the numbers Part 3
Section 4 - Logic Gates
 Lecture 9: NOT, AND, OR Gates
 Lecture 10: Working of basic gates and universal gates
 Lecture 11: Applications of universal gates
Section 5 - Combinational Circuits
 Lecture 12: Introduction to KMAPS
 Lecture 13: KMAPS
 Lecture 14: Adders part 1
 Lecture 15: Adders part 2
 Lecture 16: Substractors and Multipliers
 Lecture 17: Decoders
 Lecture 18: Implementations of Higher Decoder Using Lower Order Decoder Part 1
 Lecture 19: Implementations of Higher Decoder Using Lower Order Decoder Part 2
 Lecture 20: Decoder Implementations and Multiplexer Part 1
 Lecture 21: Decoder Implementations and Multiplexer Part 2
 Lecture 22: Implementation of Higher Order Mux using Lower Order Mux Part 1
 Lecture 23: Implementation of Higher Order Mux using Lower Order Mux Part 2
Section 6 - Sequential Circuits
 Lecture 24: Introduction to Sequential Circuits
 Lecture 25: Latches part 1
 Lecture 26: Latches Part 2
 Lecture 27: Working of Latches
 Lecture 28: Types of FlipFlops Part 1
 Lecture 29: Types of FlipFlops Part 2
 Lecture 30: T FlipFlops
 Lecture 31: Working of T flip flops and asynchrous input part 1
 Lecture 32: Working of T flip flops and asynchrous input part 2
 Lecture 33: Workimg of asynchronous input & Conversion of flip flops Part 1
 Lecture 34: Workimg of asynchronous input & Conversion of flip flops Part 2
 Lecture 35: Shift registers Part 1
 Lecture 36: Shift registers Part 2
 Lecture 37: shift register using preset circuit & working of shift register
 Lecture 38: counters part 1
 Lecture 39: counters part 2
 Lecture 40: working of counters part 1
 Lecture 41: working of counters part 2
Section 7 - Conclusion
 Lecture 42: Conclusion
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:23:52 pm by Shock »
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
Re: Free - Digital Electronics and Circuits course (normally $99)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:18:16 am »
Download it and put it somewhere.  I'm not giving them my email address.  If it's free, it's free.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:45:45 am »
Download it and put it somewhere.  I'm not giving them my email address.  If it's free, it's free.

Had a bad day?

Last time I checked I could make an email address in about 60 secs online. Aren't you being a bit overly paranoid?
Why would I download it illegally for you just because you're too lazy or dumb to know you can have more than one email address?

Udemy has over 2 million members.

Again its not the best course but it is free. I posted this for the benefit of those who can't afford it.

Offline TerminalJack505

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:42:58 am »
Here's another digital electronics lecture series.

It's free and no email address is required.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 03:52:37 am »
Or:

https://www.edx.org/course/mitx/mitx-6-002x-circuits-electronics-1130

And they have other electronic courses as well, not many :(

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 12:18:39 pm »
Hey Mariush, just curious, but don't you have a "throwaway" email address just for things like this?  I have 2 of them myself, one a yahoo email and an ISP email that I only check when I get a notice that the mailbox is getting close to filling up.  This has happened only once in about 10 years.  They are handy when you don't want to clog your regular email addresses with spam.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline M0BSW

• Frequent Contributor
  • Left this site 2013, they will not delete it ????
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 12:44:22 pm »
The code been disabled now must have enough email addresses :palm:
no one would or will tell me how to delete this account

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 01:32:27 pm »
High recommended, bookmark this link just in case you need it in the future in similar situation -> http://10minutemail.com/

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 02:41:55 pm »
GreyWoolfe : I have my own dedicated server, my own email server, my own domains... I can make millions of random email addresses that end up in the domain names I own for free and in seconds (and delete them minutes later), but that's not the issue.

I simply hate dishonestly.

The issue is that they claim it's free with the discount, but that's not free, you're forced to create an account or log in through Facebook (which is even worse, because then they'll know your friends and how connected to others you are) and you'll get spam or offers for their "advanced electronics course" at a special "for you only" 50% or something like that.
It's not free, it's marketing, it's building database of customers.

There's plenty of content out there (free even) so I'm not willing to accept/tolerate such schemes just to get access to a lousy book.

Offline Dongulus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 03:44:45 pm »
I shudder at the thought of having to write out kmaps ever again.

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 06:56:08 pm »
Too bad it's dead, would have been interesting to watch, I do need to learn about latches and more advanced things like that, some videos as I did other stuff would be neat. Maybe someone will have uploaded the lectures to the bay o pirates or some similar site.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 08:31:07 pm »
The issue is that they claim it's free with the discount, but that's not free, you're forced to create an account or log in through Facebook (which is even worse, because then they'll know your friends and how connected to others you are) and you'll get spam or offers for their "advanced electronics course" at a special "for you only" 50% or something like that.
It's not free, it's marketing, it's building database of customers.

There's plenty of content out there (free even) so I'm not willing to accept/tolerate such schemes just to get access to a lousy book.

Mariush you accusations are wrong, plain and simply wrong and you have no idea what you are talking about.
Unlike you, who is scared to use one of your disposable emails in case you get taken advantage of, I have been a member there since Udemy started.

New word of the day - incredulous

I doubt the course lecturers even get access to email addresses as all emails are sent via Udemy email system.
Why would Udemy give it's customer contact base away to course providers so they steal customers away.

In the Udemy account details you can even turn off email contact.  Just the same with almost all other online accounts.
In most countries of the western world we have spam laws so any legitimate company such as Udemy would be prosecuted if they emailed their customers without an "opt out" method.

And there is such an opt out in the Udemy profile options.  So your spam theory is blown wide apart.  Wow you can turn off spam who would have thought?

Offline Zeta

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 11:56:52 pm »
(ilegaly) Download it and put it somewhere.

:palm:

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
(ilegaly) Download it and put it somewhere.

It was free, the seller didn't lose any money when the first customer "bought" it and downloaded it.  It's free, it has no value, he loses nothing by me making it freely available for download, right?  (no, not really, see below)

If you get a free newspaper on the metro or underground depending where you are (financed by advertising in the paper) and you leave it there on the seat for other people to read it, it may be in theory illegal to pick it up but in practice you don't even think about it. The newspaper also actually prefers this, because they can quote larger reader count to companies when they charge them money for their ads.

It just goes to show that the course is not actually free, but rather you're paying for it by giving your account. It's also an opportunity for the author to make some money by convincing people to buy other courses he has available. Udemy also makes some money by getting new accounts, and building their database of readers and customers.

If this was truly free, it would be like gog.com : http://www.gog.com/mix/free_games_temporarily_free_games

No facebook, no social anything, no "limited time offer", just create an account using any email adress and just do one click to add them to your inventory and download them at any time.

Or let's put it in some other way... 

Let's say I tell you ... Loan me this course for a day by sending it to me by email and for a day while I read it, you don't access it. After a day, I'll delete the download from my computer and you can continue to use it.
It's the same thing as loaning a physical book to a friend... some would say it's illegal but in practice, only one person used the book at a time, just like you would do it in real world.

In this case, the problem is however deeper... you're not allowed to do this either, by the terms of service: you don't OWN the courses even if you buy them... you're renting them and the company can get them back from you at any time.  Check the terms of service... if you can manage to read it before some huge popup worthy of those spam websites shows up and entices you to download some free ebooks.

• Super Contributor
If this was truly free, it would be like gog.com : http://www.gog.com/mix/free_games_temporarily_free_games
No facebook, no social anything, no "limited time offer", just create an account using any email adress and just do one click to add them to your inventory and download them at any time.

I had to lol at this.  Even the URL says there are temporarily free games.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:16:19 am by Shock »

Offline dragon4

I wish someone would upload this course ... just saw this today and missed out on the offer T.T
since it's one of the modules im doing in collage and believe me when I say i don't understand a thing >.>

I would really appreciate if someone help me with this .. I really cant afford it  :-[ ... and if there is anything that I can offer in return I gladly will  :)

Offline TerminalJack505

• Super Contributor
From the looks of it the one that I linked to is actually more comprehensive.  It is a 40 lecture course with each lecture running about one hour.  Find a cheap used digital electronics textbook to go along with the lectures and you should be good to go.

Offline dragon4

From the looks of it the one that I linked to is actually more comprehensive.  It is a 40 lecture course with each lecture running about one hour.  Find a cheap used digital electronics textbook to go along with the lectures and you should be good to go.

thanks man ... I will check it out  ;D
still if you get your hands on this one ... (torrent or a download link) I would be forever thankful  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf