Author Topic: Got an offer for agilent 34411-A bench meter, is it worth it ?  (Read 2471 times)

Offline BravoVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Recently thru a friend, got an offer for an agilent 34411A 6½ Digit bench meter, the seller claimed that its brand spanking new and only used for few times, and it was from an abandoned project in building a new electronic testing lab in a huge consumer product electronic factory last year.

The offered item includes the original box, complete with genuine agilent probes as stated in check list, documentation + software CD, original power cable and the calibration certificate from agilent factory, but the seller didn't mention the printed date of the certificate. Offered price is close to about 980 in US$ equivalent, while for new price this bugger is around US$ 2100.  :o

I'm aware this is definitely gray (or even black) market type of deal  :o, assuming its working properly, is this price worth it ?

Btw the seller allows only physical inspection and brief test at his place, say I'm going to pull the trigger, any hints or helps how to check it if its working properly only in a very short time frame, say like in 30 minutes or 1 hour ?

Also is there any standard warranty seal from Agilent factory for this kind of equipment that I should aware of ?

TIA

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
Re: Got an offer for agilent 34411-A bench meter, is it worth it ?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 03:24:24 pm »
Go to agilent website and download the manual. These machines have a built in selftest.
Typically a button you hold in while powering up. Disconnect all cables, hold button and power up. It will run for about a minutes. If the display says PASS it is good.

Its that simple.

Now, 900$ is a lot of money.... You can get two 34401a for that price.. Which are also 6 1/2 digit. The only advantage of the 411 is that it has lan and usb where the 401 is gpib rs232 , and the 411 measures faster. And the 411 has capacitance, advanced triggering and some extended ranges like current down to microamps and ohms to gigaohms.

Its a matter of what you need.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline BravoVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: Got an offer for agilent 34411-A bench meter, is it worth it ?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 08:46:15 am »
Thanks for the tip, yeah, thats quite sum of money there.  ???

Is there any standard warranty seal at the unit from Agilent ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf