Author Topic: Greetings From a Newb/ Anyone have any info on an ERC brand logic based clock?  (Read 908 times)

Offline Fcsteve777Topic starter

Good day to everyone,
        Getting back into some tinkering with electronics. I have built a couple tube amp kits and repaired a couple things at home but am by no means an EE. Just someone that likes a mental challange.

Anyway. I bought a non working digital calendar clock from a surplus electronics place and got it running again. (it was just some bad solder joints.) Its a pretty cool unit all logic based stuff and most of the components are marked mid 1973. I was just wondering if maybe anyone had seen one or had any more info on it.

Please excuse the rotated images im on a crap internet connection right now and photobucket is giving me fits. its taken me an hour to upload these and now they wont rotate.

Tried googling any combo i could think of these numbers and couldn't find anything. Company was Electronics Research Company from what i can tell.

As you can see it only takes the 2 wires to power it (there is actually 2 power rails but someone has previously jumped them internally) so im guessing that the other terminals are for some sort of external display.

Im gonna make an acrylic enclosure so you can see the guts and use it as a desk clock at work.

My fledgling bench. Already had the Fluke 87V, Weller station and a cheap power supply from some of my other dinking around. I have a blue ESR meter kit on the way and a DS1054Z will be following it as of this Friday. An ESD mat and LCR meter soon as well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf