Author Topic: Looking for a good source of electronic parts.  (Read 2818 times)

Offline GreateTopic starter

• Contributor
Looking for a good source of electronic parts.
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:42:40 pm »
I am looking for an online store to where I can but electronic parts (transformer, semiconductors, wires, soldering materials, pcb etc).

I don't like ebay since the purchase will be made thru the company. The store shoul be able to ship to northern California.

Please recommend...

Thanks!

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Offline sonicj

• Frequent Contributor
  • updata successed!

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Looking for a good source of electronic parts.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:02 pm »
try futurlec.com. They are slow but have an insane amount of items and are extreamly cheap. Check out the following post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/where-to-buy-components/msg85526/#msg85526

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:26:47 am »
For one-off projects, try Jameco. They sell generic parts quite cheap and they are not far away from California, I think.

Jameco.com

Offline Ajahn Lambda

• Regular Contributor
  • quecksilberdampfgleichrichter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:11:03 am »
Just my own opinion and whatnot, but I'd never buy electrical components from eBay unless I could drive to the seller and personally inspect the item(s), and if it's a semiconductor, they've got to be an authorized seller to get my business.  Too many counterfeit parts on the market for me to take chances, and it's not worth saving a few pennies or dollars only to wind up with unhappy customers and myself a shitty reputation for cutting corners.  That said, I do have a short list of local shops with eBay store fronts; these are places where I know the owners and employees, and the ones I keep doing business with are reputable.  Sorry for the digression.

:-X

For electrical & electronic parts, I really like Future Electronics, especially for the little oddball parts they (and no one else) carry.  Plus they have an office right here in Grand Rapids.  Yay!  My other primary sources are Mouser, Newark, Digikey, Allied Electronics, and occasionally Arrow.  Sometimes you can get lucky and find a cool doodad on Amazon for a decent price, like non-specific lab or office equipment, but again, caveat emptor.

For non-electronic stuff (cases, hardware, raw materials), I have many sources.  I do keep a 'green book' of good American suppliers handy for just about everything I've run across, from aluminum to zirconium, as well as a second 'black book' of suppliers to never use again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf