Author Topic: Gyro signal conditioning 1.5v +- 1v to 0-10V  (Read 2069 times)

Offline ArowanaTopic starter

Gyro signal conditioning 1.5v +- 1v to 0-10V
« on: November 19, 2013, 02:14:15 pm »
Hello, I'm trying to read a analog gyroscope using a canbus io-module. The gyro ST LPY410AL outputs a 1.5 +- 1V voltage for the angular rate and a 1.5v reference voltage. The IO module has a 0-10v 10bit adc and provides a 10v reference voltage.

I have designed a amplifier circuit that will take the gyro output and convert it to a 0-10v signal.
e.g. Vout = 0.5*10v_ref + (V_in-gyro_ref) * 5
I'm a programmer by trade so the digital side of things is no problem, but this is my first opamp design.

What I would like to know is:

Is my design sound?
What opamp would you recommend?

The bandwidth is very low, the gyro is measuring the turnrate of a heavy vehicle, so its tens of herts only. The iomodule samples at 40hz.

I have attached a shematic of the circuit and a spice diagram that I used for simulation

Any help appreciated.

Offline ArowanaTopic starter

Re: Gyro signal conditioning 1.5v +- 1v to 0-10V
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:02:24 am »
Anyone?  :-\

Offline fcb

• Super Contributor
  • Test instrument designer/G1YWC
    • Electron Plus
Re: Gyro signal conditioning 1.5v +- 1v to 0-10V
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 11:16:20 am »
Looks like a diff-amp job and thats what you've used. I haven't got time to work through the math at the moment.

However I would probably do it slightly.  I would use a differential amp firstly on the gyroout and gyroref to give you say +/-5v w.r.t. 0V signal, then a second differential amp using the adc reference to take you to 0-10v.

Remember you are only compensating for the 0g posistion by using the reference, scaling is upto your software.
https://electron.plus Power Analysers, VI Signature Testers, Voltage References, Picoammeters, Curve Tracers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf