Author Topic: Hakko 888 Hack Help  (Read 2218 times)

Offline TheUltraNoobTopic starter

Hakko 888 Hack Help
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:14:47 pm »
Greetings,

I was kinda torn as if I should put this in the Hakko 888 Hack discussion or in the Beginner section so, I thought I'd put it here so others could learn from my mistakes.   ;D

I'm doing the Hakko 888 hack as outlined in Dave's video blog but with a difference - I am using a common anode RGB LED from Radio Shack. It can be found here - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3020765   I'm also using Daves origional pass at the circuit with a couple of slight modifications.  Here is my circuit diagram:

Right now I've got this in a proto board connected to the Hakko and it works just fine but with a twist.  When you first turn on the Hakko and the iron is heating BOTH the red and green LED light up.  The green is much brighter than the red. I'd say the green is at 100% and the red is at 50%.  Once the iron comes up to temp then the red and green cycle just fine.

On a side note:  The reason for the 4k and 8k resistors was to tame the brighness of the LED. That sucker really was bright.

Anyway, can anyone comment on what I've done wrong here?

Best regards,
The Ultra Noob

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf