Author Topic: Has anyone tried the Quick 201B desoldering station?  (Read 2426 times)

Offline belzrebuthTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Has anyone tried the Quick 201B desoldering station?
« on: September 01, 2016, 08:11:45 am »
Hi all,
I'm looking for a desoldering station for thru-hole components because the solder pump+wick method is a pain sometimes.
A popular choice is the ZD916 and it's readily available in my country but Quick products seem better made and more reliable.
(I'm also interested in the 957d btw.)

Thing is,I don't see many reviews of the 201B so if anyone owns one I'd like some feedback on whether it's a solid buy.

The following users thanked this post: Carioca10

Offline CoolNamesAllTaken

• Contributor
    • Personal Website
Re: Has anyone tried the Quick 201B desoldering station?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 05:39:53 pm »
I'm looking at getting this model of desoldering station now--any updates?  Would love to hear about how people like it.

Offline BorisTheSpider

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 02:41:41 am »
I bought a Quick 201B a couple of years ago and it seems to be reasonably serviceable.   On my unit though the handpiece left a bit to be desired in terms of fit and finish.   Nothing particularly deal-breaking though.   I did have some initial concerns about the soundness of the mounting of the heating element onto the plastic body, but it seems to have remained solid after a couple of years of (admittedly light) use.

Offline CoolNamesAllTaken

• Contributor
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 11:22:34 pm »
Having owned the Quick 201B for a couple of years of light use, I can say that it's held up great, and I'm happy with my purchase! Slightly more polish than the standard Anesty / generic brand Amazon desoldering stations, and some nice convenience features like a flow indicator on the handpiece that shows you when it's clogged. It also has an auto-sleep / auto-power off feature based off a timer that helps prevent the tip from oxidizing if you accidentally leave it on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf