Author Topic: HB100 sensor with relay potentiometer  (Read 3563 times)

Offline dheenadayalanTopic starter

HB100 sensor with relay potentiometer
« on: August 10, 2017, 10:47:51 am »
Dear friends
Greetings
My first post is a request for clarifications regarding the product HB100 RKI 2680. HB100 has a breakout board with four pins Vcc, IN1, IN2 and GND on one side and green connector Vcc and GND on other side near two potentiometers. One for relay settings and the other for distance. Kinly look at the attached handout for information and further help please

Offline djnz

• Regular Contributor
Re: HB100 sensor with relay potentiometer
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:27:17 am »
... My first post is a request for clarifications regarding the product ...

What is the clarification that you seek?

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 01:05:44 pm »
Thank you
Among the four pins Vcc and GND are for supply voltage, may be around 5V, IN1 and IN2 for signal (I/O) and Green connectors Vcc and GND near potentiometer are for what purpose? (may be for optocoupling in put power supply... I do not know!). Earlier I have used HB100 and Op amp without any confusion, because the connections are straight forward. (HB100 has four out puts two GND and one Vcc and one IF out put) IF out put is connected to Op amp and Op amp outlet to pin 8 of Arduino uno R3. The display may be 2x16 lcd or simply a LED connected to arduino and with appropriate uno files.
At this juncture my request for clarification is how to use HB100 RKI2680 unit as a Doppler sensor.
1. How to use IN1 and IN2
2. What is the use of green pins Vcc and GND near potentiometer
3. How display and control systems are connected to the HB100 RKI2680
and if possible any example wiring diagram  (to connect display and control unit) please

Offline djnz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 02:01:56 pm »
Does the module have a relay on board?

My guesses, which may or may not be correct:
1. This module has some sort of circuit that post-processes the analog HB100 output (Doppler beat signal).
2. Perhaps it outputs logic level voltages and controls a relay based on that.
3. The relay needs its own power supply, perhaps that is what the green terminal is for.

Could you post more clear photos of the module?

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 02:55:38 am »
Good morning
Kindly look at the attached photos pasted in word file for further help please

Offline djnz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 11:30:40 am »
The forum allows attaching images, please use that feature in the future - you will get better response as more people will look at the images. Many people won't bother to download a MS Word doc file just to look at images. Additionally, Word is proprietary software that costs money and not everyone has a license.

The 8 pin chip on the non-RF board seems to be an op-amp (LNA) and the 20 pin chip is probably a microcontroller (uC). Is this correct?

First, check if the green terminal VCC and GND are actually different from the RF board VCC and GND. Then check if the green terminal VCC and GND are connected to the corresponding pins of the uC and / or the rails of the opamp or are those components powered by the same power lines as the RF board. You will need to lookup the datasheet of the op-amp and uC to find out pin functions of those parts. That should also help you figure out what voltage to use at the green terminal if the non-RF board does need different VCC.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 12:28:25 pm »
Thank you
I apologize  for the inconvenience caused to other members and request them to bear with my novice acts
 I will follow your suggestions
Earlier I tried to identify the 16 pin IC  through a micro to macro lens and found some number like  87003F3P6 along with another number 7B884. Googled for these numbers but in vain. Identifying the other IC through  the same technique resulted in frustration.
Anyhow I will follow your instructions and inform you accordingly. Until then thank you for the efforts

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 12:34:47 pm »
One correction please it is not 16 pin as I have informed earlier but 20 pin chip please

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 02:19:27 pm »
Both 20 pin and 8 pin IC were identified as STM8S003F3P6 (PHL 701 Y) and LM358/GZ512.
STM8S003F3P6 Features
16 Mhz, STM8S 8-Bit CPU core
8 Kbyte Flash Memory
128 byte data EEPROM
10-bit ADC
3 Timers
UART, SPI, I2C Blocks
Further suggestions will be followed.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 01:32:44 pm »
As per your earlier suggestions, here with I am sending the circuit as trace out as an attachment along with re-corrected figure of the unit from the supplier for your kind information and further help please.
Four leads: Vcc, GND, out 1 from pin number 11 of the stm8S003F3P6 after 221 resistor and out 2 to pin number 3 of the IC358 after resistor 221. Out 1 and Out 2 is as given in the new figure please.
Green Vcc is some way connected to IC358 and stm8S003F as shown in the trace.
When 5 V was supplied to the normal Vcc in put (from the four pin side), LED connected to pin 1 of the stm8S lighted on but no voltage at the HB100 +5 V point and  at the green Vcc

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 03:49:31 am »
Good Morning
Uploaded corrected trace and Pin configuration of stm8S003f3P6 please

Re: HB100 sensor problem solved
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 03:00:06 pm »
Dear djnz,
I am thankful for your suggestions which inspired me in finding a solution to my problem with the Doppler sensor HB100 RKI2680.
Isolation of the two power inputs and circuit trace-out helped me a lot leading to a simple NPN-PNP relay switch. STM8S003F mcu pin 11 was figured out after studying the internal circuit configuration with respect to the present case. Pin 11 and 12 are legs to transfer 12C functions without buffer (un-buffered foot) and pull up resistor. Highly sink capability (first hint). So in circuit boards there may be an external resistor [second hint- in the present board 221(220 ohms) is provided at the pin 11, which is designated as an output] to compensate/protect mcu from getting damaged. The internal circuit is like FET a true open drain (third hint). Consolidating these hints and other observations gave a clue that Blue terminals Vcc has to be supplied with +5 V and in order to pull LED, connect LED positive leg to Vcc and negative leg to output pin 1 in four pin connector, which is connected to stm8S003 pin 11 through 220 ohms resistance. Now it works. Once the object is within the sensor range, LED lights up.
In the uploaded photographs arduino UNO R3 with 9 V battery is used as a power supply Vcc +5 V only.
One can also connect a relay to this output pin 1, if the load current is lower than 20 mA.
One more work has to be carried out with respect to other output pin2 at the four pin connector.
Sincere thanks to Mr djnz and electronics community forum please.

Offline NastyNxt

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 10:24:04 am »
HI
please provide me schematic for HB100 RKI2680.
and also the arduino caode for the same.
iam struggling with this sensor !!

Thanks in Advance//

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf