Author Topic: Hello World  (Read 38831 times)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Hello World
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2015, 11:03:46 am »
Yes i know what you mean. I am afraid there is the entertainment value of some threads that will make them more popular. After all we do this for fun and engineers are after all mostly good people at least the ones on forums and they like to help people and solve problems.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2015, 11:26:38 am »
signs up and says he smokes crack.
in his defense.. he denied pot and crack but admitted beers... to the OP, you need to get yourself a little bit organized, you need to clearly see the V=IR, once you get the feel of it, you'll see the atomizer is actually an R, and then there is Rds(on) those will form voltage division and you can tap it to get how much I (current) going through.. all that needs experimentations, get the feeling and... "think", something you cant do properly under the influence of excessive beers. doing that while posting in forum bit by bit as you go will not get you very far.. so slow down a bit, organize yourself and start writing down your objective and step by step plan in your experimentation.. and err, you thinking of diy an dso, save yourself buy an readymade one in 50-100MHz range instead of wasting lots of time and beers and repurchase... if you want to join the club at a reasonable pace...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline bumba000Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2015, 04:44:39 pm »
tec5c, I know what an atomizer is and I know how to spell it properly. The question asked was how do you plan to handle the atomiser end of the ecig. That's a pretty vague question. Was he referring to how will I attach it, how will I build one... I really didn't and still don't understand the question. tec5c, I've been into vaping for months now, yes I know what an atomizer is.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2015, 04:47:28 pm »
afrotechmods videos are great I've watched a bunch of them over and over again. They have been a big help believe it or not. Daves are way more complex so I watch them more again and agains but eventually enough sinks in.

Thank you for contributing to my online electronics education.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2015, 04:57:35 pm »
tec5c, I know what an atomizer is and I know how to spell it properly.

I suppose 'color' is correct, too.

Please don't be an ignorant dick.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2015, 05:37:09 pm »
Dave does not specialize in basic theory. He's done some theory videos but his niche is in other matters.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2015, 05:39:03 pm »

I hope we are not going to have an argument over British versus American spelling of English ?

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2015, 05:40:10 pm »

I hope we are not going to have an argument over British versus American spelling of English ?

No, merely over him attacking someone because he is too ignorant to realise there is a difference.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2015, 07:49:49 pm »
Yeah I didn't realize like color and colour, there's a difference in the way we spell and the way you spell, but it's the same thing. My apologies. I'm not looking for an argument and I don't mean to bother anyone. I was just looking for help. Unfortunately it seems as though it has turned into an argument and it's really been pretty tough for me here to interact with such an intelligent group of folks due to my ignorance. I really enjoy watching eevblog videos on youtube. I think I'll just stick to that. In 10 years online learning everything that I have and chatting with all the folks that I have I can honestly say that I've never felt so unwelcome. There really is no need for any of you to waste your time responding to this post as I'll not be returning to read it.

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2015, 09:01:45 pm »
Nice job folks. Instead of welcoming a beginner, tackling his problem and trying to help him, and maybe even ourselves, actually to learn something, you've just driven him away by being soooo superior and righteous and even outright insulting. One wonders why these "superior" engineers are even bothering to hang out in the _Beginners_ section at all, if they neither want to teach or learn. It's pretty clear to me just who the real "dicks" are .... and bumba000 isn't one of them.
 |O
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2015, 09:06:51 pm »
with all due respect, he seemed to be doing it all backwards, thrown crap together and then wondering why it did not work and trying to find out how it worked - or didn't. Thats not a savvy way to learn, I mean cmon a mosfet is not that hard to just read up about so at least you can ask a question that can be answered.

As soon as he did know something he got upset when he was told by someone who did not know wht he did or didn't know. I don't want to be funny but most of us were quite patient with him and i could see this comming. He should try some of the other forums out there......

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2015, 10:47:34 pm »
When it looks like a... smells like a ... and vapes like a... you know what it is. No need to confuse it with a beginner. Get back under the bridge!

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2015, 01:11:20 am »
Nice job folks. Instead of welcoming a beginner, tackling his problem and trying to help him, and maybe even ourselves, actually to learn something, you've just driven him away by being soooo superior and righteous and even outright insulting. One wonders why these "superior" engineers are even bothering to hang out in the _Beginners_ section at all, if they neither want to teach or learn. It's pretty clear to me just who the real "dicks" are .... and bumba000 isn't one of them.
 |O

Exactly. We all start somewhere, and bumba000 just started very differently than the others, which isn't bad but should be supported.  But hey, I'm a beginner too, so I sympathise with him. |O

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2015, 05:54:36 am »
 |O

Exactly. We all start somewhere, and bumba000 just started very differently than the others, which isn't bad but should be supported.  But hey, I'm a beginner too, so I sympathise with him. |O

Well I can't help it if he does not like the advice he got. How do you try and explain to a guy how to do something when you need to write him a 3 page essay first ? that's not what forums are for. At some point you have to read a book or a page on the internet. No education is not an eletist consiracy to keep some people out and no one is born a genius and just comes up with things (well some people "invent" digital clocks), you can get educated or educate yourself if you don't want to I can't see how you will design anything.

In many respects I'm a beginner (not a peice of paper to my name), but I do research and then ask for clarifications and advice on the best of a number of options, not throw something together with no clue of what I'm doing, then report the failed results and expect a lesson on how the fundamental part I used without having a clue about it works, that is not learning.

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2015, 05:56:39 am »
Fair enough, that makes sense.

RIP bumba000, 2015-2015

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2015, 05:58:19 am »
the guy is welcome back any time. He's the one that left and the one that had the attitude.

Offline tec5c

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2015, 06:19:44 am »
Well I can't help it if he does not like the advice he got. How do you try and explain to a guy how to do something when you need to write him a 3 page essay first ? that's not what forums are for. At some point you have to read a book or a page on the internet. No education is not an eletist consiracy to keep some people out and no one is born a genius and just comes up with things (well some people "invent" digital clocks), you can get educated or educate yourself if you don't want to I can't see how you will design anything.

In many respects I'm a beginner (not a peice of paper to my name), but I do research and then ask for clarifications and advice on the best of a number of options, not throw something together with no clue of what I'm doing, then report the failed results and expect a lesson on how the fundamental part I used without having a clue about it works, that is not learning.

Exact elaboration of my frustration with this thread.

I could very easily see the guy being a first year engineering student, thinking they're going to be the next Zuckerberg or build an exact 1:1 human like robot, then mid semester throw in the towel because they struggle to understand the introductory content of an eng. degree. *Insert cliche saying* "You need to learn to walk before you can run". The list of students who I have seen fall into this category is astounding.

Instead of welcoming a beginner, tackling his problem and trying to help him...

His "problem" was tackled, it's the fact that he chose not to listen, which resulted in him having attitude... His concept of learning was completely wrong IMO, which is what Simon elaborated on.

Now hopefully we can let this thread see its inevitable death  ;D

Offline SteveLy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2015, 09:39:48 am »
OP should re-read the thread. The responses have been overwhelmingly positive to neutral, and some posters have gone above and beyond to help (look at alsetalokin4017's detailed explanations). But unfortunately OP chose to concentrate on the more critical posts and take offence. Come on bumba, focus on the positives, of which there is some even in the harsh criticisms!

I myself have used electronic so-called cigarettes (smokeless vaporisers) to quit smoking rollies and pipe tobacco, and have friends who've done likewise (some 30+ years smokers). These devices are very helpful for smokers wanting to quit and live 10-20 years longer.

There is a hobbyist aspect to vaping for some vapers. And some of these vapers become inclined to DIY their own hardware including the electronics. But most of that is done with very limited electronics knowledge and the vaping enthusiast/maker community has a lot of very vocal self-appointed electronics experts who are in fact clueless. Even most people in the industry are clueless or mediocre at best (except for a handful of German engineers). So OP's initial failure to make things work and confusions despite efforts to do research before implementation is understandable.

bumba000, you've come to the right place if you want to learn about electronics. Forget the vapers (there are smart ones among them but they are drowned out by loud mouthed clueless know-it-alls).

Offline tron9000

• Frequent Contributor
  • Still an Electronics Lab Tech
    • My Hack-a-day project page
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2015, 09:50:11 am »
OP should re-read the thread. The responses have been overwhelmingly positive to neutral, and some posters have gone above and beyond to help (look at alsetalokin4017's detailed explanations). But unfortunately OP chose to concentrate on the more critical posts and take offence. Come on bumba, focus on the positives, of which there is some even in the harsh criticisms!

I myself have used electronic so-called cigarettes (smokeless vaporisers) to quit smoking rollies and pipe tobacco, and have friends who've done likewise (some 30+ years smokers). These devices are very helpful for smokers wanting to quit and live 10-20 years longer.

There is a hobbyist aspect to vaping for some vapers. And some of these vapers become inclined to DIY their own hardware including the electronics. But most of that is done with very limited electronics knowledge and the vaping enthusiast/maker community has a lot of very vocal self-appointed electronics experts who are in fact clueless. Even most people in the industry are clueless or mediocre at best (except for a handful of German engineers). So OP's initial failure to make things work and confusions despite efforts to do research before implementation is understandable.

bumba000, you've come to the right place if you want to learn about electronics. Forget the vapers (there are smart ones among them but they are drowned out by loud mouthed clueless know-it-alls).

In short: Don't let the's grind you down.

That's a Great Bustard BTW
Partsbox.io - orangise your parts!
"If you're green you can only ripen. If you're ripe you can only rot!"

Offline SteveLy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2015, 11:13:23 am »
That's one handsome Bustard!

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2015, 11:25:13 am »
My idea of a great looking bastard... Yay? nay?  :-DD :-DD

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2015, 11:41:02 am »
My idea of a great looking bastard... Yay? nay?  :-DD :-DD

And I thought we were talking about bustards, silly me.

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2015, 11:41:55 am »
Whoops, slight slip there.  :palm:

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2015, 11:43:59 am »
so what is a bustard ? a bird ?

Offline tec5c

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2015, 11:49:07 am »
so what is a bustard ? a bird ?

If not then tron9000's post is disturbing :P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo