Author Topic: Help! identifying a switch Marconi TF2155 PSU  (Read 1092 times)

Offline AtomTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Help! identifying a switch Marconi TF2155 PSU
« on: March 01, 2018, 05:48:00 pm »
Hi to everyone! Recently i bought on ebay a marconi tf2155 PSU , the description was saying that it was broken... tested the main power transistor ..all good, tested the rectifying diodes.. all good it turned out that was a bad switch that remaind pressed....the  0-5V switch. after "unlocking" the broken switch and pressing the 0-15V switch the PSU started working.

the thing is that i need a new switch, so i'm searching for someone that could tell me if there is a specific name for this kind of switch.
go to the google drive archive for more photos : https://drive.google.com/open?id=18n2Ho19B9CXZ0o3cY24Ekjs6SUSyVk0B

BTW for the ones intrested in the specs it's a 0-60V 0.5A    0-30V 1A    0-15V 2A   0-5V 2A .....well it's a PSU from the 80' or the 70'. And maybe if someone stumble upon the manual while searching ...well fell free to send it because i couldn't find it.

If someone needs more info or photos feel free to ask

bye.

Online Andy Watson

• Super Contributor
Re: Help! identifying a switch Marconi TF2155 PSU
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 06:12:55 pm »
Marconi had a habit of re-badging power supplies from other manufacturers. Try searching for Weir 413.

Try this, half-way down this page is a link for the "Weir 400 series" - it might be close to your requirements.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95600

Are there any manufacturers markings on the switch? Finding an exact replacement may be difficult.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:21:14 pm »
Well spot on i didn't know marconi rebranded psu i thought they were a good company  :-DD , on the switch there are no markings

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 08:33:03 pm »
So on the manual of the weir 423 the equivalent of my marconi one the switches are listed as AB400-F02020-08-0-00........i tried searching that string on google but nothing

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 08:47:46 pm »
Well thanks andy for your answer ... by finding the manual i was able to understand that the 5V switch when pressed suppress the control of the pot so you obtain a fixed 5V output.....well i dont really care of the fixed 5v output, and i can achive the 5V from the 0-15V range  :-DD so guess what ..that switch will remain broken, i bought the unit used and i don't have even the plastic caps.

Thanks again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf