Author Topic: Help on ARM Cortex-M3 Development Tools / IDE  (Read 21308 times)

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Help on ARM Cortex-M3 Development Tools / IDE
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 05:04:52 pm »
That SEGGER J-Link doesn't look like a clone. Are you sure it isn't an official product? I purchased the J-Link-EDU from digikey but never had a chance to use it yet.

Online MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 05:37:04 pm »
Are you sure it isn't an official product?
if this question is directed at me then. i'm pretty sure, since (1) i got this from china, (2) cheap and (3) the seller admitted it is a clone. as i dont have any "hardground" toolchain and project yet, so this unit is still "untested" other than detection test by segger jlink uploader SW iirc months ago.

i'll be glad olsenn if you can make teardown of you original jlink-edu and post pictures here or somewhere else as you like.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:40:59 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 06:30:31 pm »
i'll be glad olsenn if you can make teardown of you original jlink-edu and post pictures here or somewhere else as you like.

There are pictures on Google. The one you show there is identical to the real ones. Even the ones sold to other companies like Atmel (SAM-ICE) are identical in terms of layout. Have a look.

Online MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 04:16:50 am »
has anyone tried Atollic?
$2595? you must be kidding a person like me. now i got a rough picture of what the keil arm tool cost like, as i havent got a quotation from them, keep asking bullshit questions and countless of broken download from their site. thanks for the advice anyway, i'll give it a try... downloading...
really, someone should justify the $2K+ for something similar looking as CooCox, eclipse or netbeans (my 1st impression). if they dont start learning what proper "MDI" is, i believe sooner or later they will be out of business or find another hobby.

@olsenn: a link or keyword might be usefull. i tried but my "keyword" didnt give me any usefull picture, except this, which still not sure original or clone (i got more ram (or level shifter?) in the chip) http://www.jstuber.net/lego/nxt-programming/jlink-internal-picture.html (click the thumbnail for bigger picture)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:20:18 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf