Author Topic: Help Power conditioning via RLC Circuit via Excel spread sheet  (Read 1474 times)

Offline cooljmTopic starter

I am not very good with Excel spread sheets and formula
I have the following assignment due... and need help in setting up spread sheet. attached is the assignment

Re: Help Power conditioning via RLC Circuit via Excel spread sheet
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:42:29 pm »
take 2 on inserting spread sheet

what i have done so far  not much

Offline danadak

• Super Contributor
  • Reactor Operator SSN-583, Retired EE
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 09:07:59 pm »
You know the formula to compute Xc, Xl, then Z = magniutude of all 3 values.

Then insert f() in a cell, then copy it to the other cells. Google "youtube excel functions",
lots of videos to help.

http://keisan.casio.com/has10/SpecExec.cgi?path=06000000.Science%2F04000100.Electricity%20and%20magnetism%2F10030700.Impedance%20of%20R%2C%20C%20and%20L%20in%20series%2Fdefault.xml&charset=utf-8

Regareds, Dana.
Love Cypress PSOC, ATTiny, Bit Slice, OpAmps, Oscilloscopes, and Analog Gurus like Pease, Miller, Widlar, Dobkin, obsessed with being an engineer

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 09:18:22 pm »
We don't do homework for you here but will help with specific issues if you are stuck.

Personally, I'd use named ranges for the table columns and also the constants as it makes the Excel formulae much more readable as you can avoid all that aggro with alphanumeric cell references, however that's not what your lecturer has asked for.  It took about five minutes to do the full table with named ranges, and format it as required.   Using MS Equation Editor to display the original formulae will take quite a bit longer.

You don't seem to have attempted any formulae. :( 

Provided you've used absolute cell references for R, L and C, once you have the first (100Hz) row populated you can simply select the body of the table and fill down.

Hint: for the power factor in degrees use
Code: [Select]
=DEGREES(ASIN(expression))replacing 'expression' with the correct expression and cell references.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »
thanks to you both...

i understand not doing the assignment, i  didnt want you to do the work... for now I have been doing them on sci. calculator...

will look at you advice and help

thanks again

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf