Author Topic: Help powering up a car tv for a raspberry pi project please  (Read 780 times)

Offline azigtaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Help powering up a car tv for a raspberry pi project please
« on: April 16, 2018, 11:13:08 pm »
Hi, I just bought a raspberry pi and I remembered some years ago I stored a car tactile "tv" (only video input actually) that I got for free but I didn't know how to use, and since I didn't needed it I stored it until now. This lcd would be great for my raspberry pi and a project I want to make to make my sdr radio portable. The tv It has a bunch of cables and a vague "schematic" to tell where they go but for the moment I only figured out which are the two going to the 12v supply.

You can't see it very clear there but it says
Red line to the + terminal of the battery "black line" to the - terminal of the battery. Green line to ground. "Black line"(again?) to a Key simbol with VACC letters on it.

Now the weird thing is that there's no two black cables but because of the section of the cables I figured out what the negative terminal for the battery was. It was a white cable.  Connecting the red and white cables to a 12v power supply poweres up the ON button on the tv but pressing it does nothing. I think the key thing has something to do with this.

So I have 2 cables left to know what to do with them. A green cable which according to the schematic is ground and a black cable with the letters VACC on it. I measured across them and it's 4.73V. At first I thought the key thing could be just the contact, like you wire that to your car key contact so it powers up when you insert the key. So maybe connecting the green and black wires together should start it up like it's a switch but I don't wan't to short circuit anything so I don't know what else to do.

What can I do to start this up? I tried to search for online info but it's a chinese tv with no model or number references on it. Any ideas? Thanks
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:54:13 pm by azigta »

Offline Estefania

Re: Help powering up a car tv for a raspberry pi project please
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 05:29:17 am »
Can I publish it to people who need it?

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 08:23:47 am »
Put the Vacc line to +12V power in addition to your current wiring.

In a car, you’d put permanent power feed to the power input and “hot when key is in an turned to accessory or run” to Vacc. This way, the TV would shut down when you turn the car off.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:55 pm »
 Yay It's working now! thank you very much

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 02:56:01 pm »
Can I publish it to people who need it?

Do you mean if you can share my post and answers to other people? I don't understand it very well but In that case, of course you can

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf