Author Topic: Help with ICs.....  (Read 1372 times)

Offline SeaofdepTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
Help with ICs.....
« on: August 22, 2017, 07:17:56 am »
Hey there , I have searched in the database topic and found nothing or different uses in database . Besides the LM I don't know anything of the others  . Being that it came like this in a little antistatic zipbag I assume it is a set for a project or something . Can someone confirm or does anyone recognize them . If so can you point me to a link of some sort? Is there something I can throw together with them on the breadboard and using arduino ? Thank you in advance ( sorry forgot to add picture lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:23:58 am by Seaofdep »

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
Re: Help with ICs.....
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 07:22:49 am »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 07:38:05 am »
All the 14 pin ones are 74LS series TTL logic.  That's a newer, faster, but otherwise generally compatible version of the 74xx series

You've got two 741 OPAMPs, which were second sourced by a *LOT* of manufacturers, and one 555 timer, a clone iof the classic NE555.

I cant imagine any useful circuit that would use all those parts and no other ICs, and there is a wide range of brands and date codes so IMHO they are just a random assortment that someone tidied into the same bag.

The logic chips *MAY* be useful in an Arduino project,  but the 741 and 555 are unlikely to be - The 741 OPAMP is a rather old design and doesn't work well if at all powered by a low voltage single supply, and the Arduino can already do almost any timing function you could use a 555 for.   OTOH, with an appropriate supply voltage both are still useful in standalone circuits.     

The following users thanked this post: Seaofdep

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 07:58:55 am »
Thank you so much for such a detailed reply . Now I know why I kept looking at the timer and repeating 555, I came across it while researching ransoms.... hmm I'll have to look up them up and look for something easy for a Beginner to use them for. Thank you  again , I appreciate the help

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf