Author Topic: High power Buck  (Read 1308 times)

Offline InSanCenTopic starter

High power Buck
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:05:30 pm »
Greetings. Love the YT channel, and it's mainly what has brought me back to piddling around with electronics.

While I did study electronics at GCSE and A level in the UK, it was 20+ years ago, and I have done so little with it since, I have forgotten most of it. Looking at my A level project (Glass density spectral analyser), I was disappointed to discover that I couldn't  do much more than follow the basic flowchart. So, I am re-learning.

I have recently stopped smoking using a "vape" as an alternative. It's worked well, and I haven't had a real cigarette in a week. The geek in me wants to tinker though, and make my own, so I suspect I need a DC-DC converter/Buck. I'll e using a 7.4v nominal input (2x 18650 or LiPo) and want a 3v-6v output. Looking around, I seem to see that I'll need around 4A current capability. Low voltage cutoff on the supply would be nice as well, but even having forgotten as much as I have, I can't see that being a problem even if I have to do it as a separate item.

I am not asking to be spoonfed schematics, BOM etc. I would like some chip suggestions, (low power+high power combo?) design tips etc.

I look forward to your answers, and all help is appreciated.

Offline InSanCenTopic starter

Re: High power Buck
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 06:33:18 am »
Not suitable? Would I be better posting in another section?

Offline Whales

• Super Contributor
    • Halestrom
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 12:05:43 pm »
What exactly are you trying to make?  A fluid vaporiser?

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 12:16:21 pm »
are you trying to directly power the unit or to just charge its battery?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf