Author Topic: How much money to spend on a TDS220  (Read 1360 times)

Offline OSaGTopic starter

How much money to spend on a TDS220
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:37:19 pm »
Hi to everyone at the eevblog forum!

I am pretty new to electronics and have a question on buying a oscilloscope. I have picked up a very old 15MHz Telequipment D1015 scope, but it isn't fully working and i don't think i am able to fix it :D

So, i'm looking around on ebay for scopes an found a Tektronix TDS 220, but i don't have an idea how high i should place my bids. Is it worth spending money on this kind of scopes (DS1052 or TDS 200 Series) today for a beginner? Or shoud i save up for a 1000Z series scope?

You must think i'm a 10 yo kid with that kind of bad english and questions, but - hopefully that changes soon :D

Greets

Offline kc9qvl

• Regular Contributor
Re: How much money to spend on a TDS220
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:09:52 pm »
Well, I personally would not bid more than $100.00 US. You might want to go for the ds1052. More memory is always good. It is a current model comes with a warranty. If you are new to the electronics will you be able to repair the tds220 when it breaks. Not sure if holding out for a 4 channel scope would be be helpful.  If you lose interest in electronics you would maybe break even on a tds220 on resale. You would lose money on new scope on resale.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf