Author Topic: HP 54503A OSCILLOSCOPE CIRCUIT DIAGRAM & PARTS LIST  (Read 7130 times)

Offline markheadTopic starter

HP 54503A OSCILLOSCOPE CIRCUIT DIAGRAM & PARTS LIST
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:18:42 am »
Hello folks. I have just got myself an HP 54503a oscilloscope, and while there are manuals for this and that, one called "service manual" does not appear to have a diagrammatic or parts list included in it. Appreciate suggestions of where to find one please- I am prepared to pay if required- best effort so far seems to be a dvd available ex ebay for a collection of HP manuals but none of these have that diagram. Appreciate some help please- google isn't working on this one, nor is ebay.com- there is one in ebay.uk called 54502a and I have just bought that one even though its called service manual I doubt if there is a diagram inside it. There are diagrams for lots of other hp products, but not this one- seems weird to me. Cheers. Mark   
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:21:23 am by markhead »

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: HP 54503A OSCILLOSCOPE CIRCUIT DIAGRAM & PARTS LIST
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 09:37:38 am »
The 54500 series doesn't seem to have schematics available. Maybe they were never published.

You could try asking HPAgilent...

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 04:28:10 pm »
Look for the CLIP. Component Level Information Package.
I believe it exists for these machines.

-edit-. Bummer its for 54600 series.

The way that stuff works is as follows: for newer machines they don't publish this as they are board swaps. The smd and custom asics make it very difficult to repair. There is an exception : if a machine was sold to the military then the manual does exist as it is mandated by the military ....

For some out of production machines that were heavily popular they also release it. These are called the CLIP. Google for that term ( use the full string component level information package) and they pop up.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

vlf3

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 09:31:02 pm »
This is not what your looking for, it's a user manual, but it's free... the down-load is 12Mg...

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/hp/54503a/

Also found this site, with five HP 54503a volumes:

http://auctions.findtarget.com/detail_product/370222555324/hp_54503a/

Haven't looked through EEV site archive directly, but the URL is about problems with this scope:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/is-this-scope-repairable/

Otherwise, it seems any service-circuit information is unavailable !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf