Author Topic: i have a ac speaker and i want to run it in my car  (Read 812 times)

Offline peterflaxTopic starter

i have a ac speaker and i want to run it in my car
« on: March 24, 2018, 01:34:52 pm »
what do you guys recommend A dc to ac  inverter or should i cut the wires of the transformer inside the speaker and connect them directly to the car power.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: i have a ac speaker and i want to run it in my car
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 02:17:53 pm »
You have given less than 10% of the information necessary for anyone to even try and guess at an answer.

Let's start with information about the "speaker" you are talking about.  Make and model, pictures (well lit and in focus, please) and a couple of sentences describing what you see the problem is.

We aren't mind readers - and while we could start throwing ideas around, they are going to be a lot more useful if you can give us some actual detail.

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 02:31:49 pm »
Leave it in the house and go get something intended for automotive use.

Offline Audioguru

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 04:48:35 pm »
A car battery is "12V" but is actually about 14VDC. You and we have no idea about how much DC voltage the amplifier in your speaker uses. It might be 3VDC or might be 50VDC.
If you feed the amplifier too much DC voltage then it blows up but if you feed it too little DC voltage then it will not work.

How will you feed the speaker? Sound sources are stereo with two channels. You will need to combine the two channels with a circuit to feed the single speaker.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf