Author Topic: I need a little Help with a 4011A Function Generator I purchased on evilbay  (Read 1199 times)

Offline ExodusEffectsTopic starter

• Contributor
It appears someone has been in side of the unit already trying to do some repair work   I’m going to assume that Q1-4/Trimmer 1/4 will need attention. Looks like they did some soldering on that break out board Powers on but that’s as much as I know as of yet

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 03:03:04 pm by ExodusEffects »

Offline t1d

• Super Contributor
You said that you are not sure, if the unit functions properly, or not. Then, you say that you are ordering new parts. I think there is a gap, here.

I suggest you do some research and that you make certain your unit has a problem, before doing anything else:
- YouTube... Search your exact make/model, for an operational tutorial. If there is nothing for your exact model, use the next closest model, in the line... A prior model, of your unit, or the next model, up, or down. If you find nothing, for your manufacturer, look at a generic tutorial, for Function Generators.
- Search the net, for the operator's manual and the (separate) repair manual/schematic. The OM will have, likely, a procedure, to demonstrate the unit's functions. Often, you will find groups that are formed around your type FG and they have lots of expertise and information. Beware of sites offering to sell you the information. Keep looking; you will probably find it, for free. Also, beware downloading, from anybody that you are not certain is legit. Offering this type of information, is often a ruse, to giving you a virus. Another great source, for this information, is the manufacturer's website. If the unit is not too old, they will have, often, the exact information, you need, for download. If not, major repair houses and distributors, will, sometimes, share these documents.

Bottom line, get the documents, for your unit, read them, determine if you have a problem, at all, then post, again, for help, with the problem. Best wishes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf