Author Topic: I would like to learn ... Advantech USB 4718 DAQ module  (Read 1137 times)

Offline negativ3Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
I would like to learn ... Advantech USB 4718 DAQ module
« on: November 28, 2016, 09:48:55 am »
Hi all,

I would like to learn how to capture and graph captured data using an Advantech USB 4718 DAQ module and a Windows 7 machine.

The company I work for are upgrading a system and this module has become available.

Ideally I would like to connect a force measurement device (Weight) to one input and a rotary encoder (speed) to a counter input. This would be attached to an exercise bicycle.

I see there are two obvious paths to learning ... one is Labview, the other is C#. I have zero experience of either.

So I am wondering if it's a good alternative to Arduino to which I have some experience, or do I need a lot of programming experience to begin this journey?).

Experienced feedback really appreciated.

Thanks

Offline samofab

• Regular Contributor
Re: I would like to learn ... Advantech USB 4718 DAQ module
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 01:32:48 pm »
If you have some programming experience you can try with C#, if you're more comortable with block diagrams, then go for Labview.

The module that you have is optimized for measuring temperature with thermocouples. It can be used for stated purpose though.

Perhaps the most straightforward path where you'll be able google your way trough is Arduino.

The following users thanked this post: negativ3

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf