Author Topic: IL336 what is this part? Voltage regulator...?  (Read 1988 times)

Offline somuchtylerTopic starter

• Contributor
IL336 what is this part? Voltage regulator...?
« on: September 23, 2018, 11:35:46 pm »

Does anyone know what this IL336 part is? I am trying to figure out what this part is, i believe its a LDO low quintessence voltage regulator? I am basically trying to copy one of those DHT11 shields (
).

The specs for the part says that it has "DC 3.7V-12V (support 3.7V lithium battery power supply)", looking at the schematic/picture it looks like some type of 5 pin voltage regulator but i am unable to source it from ebay/aliexpress

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor
Re: IL336 what is this part? Voltage regulator...?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 12:25:57 am »
It looks like a 3.3v linear regulator ... i would guess you have 1. Vdc  2. Gnd  3. EN (10k res to input voltage to enable) 4.  Vout   5.  not connected or maybe Vout adj (float for 3.3v)

if that's the case, you can probably use any 3.3v ldo with dropout voltage less than around 0.5v and (i'd guess up to around 200-500mA of current, based on size of that IC)

Lots of regulators with these features, here's a starting point : https://www.digikey.com/short/jwnfw1 

Offline stefanh

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 12:46:15 am »
The MIC5233 has this exact pinout in a SOT23-5 package.  The typical application circuit also shows 1uF on the input, and 2.2uF on the output.

Offline 6PTsocket

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 03:00:41 am »
I have an old Isotip 60 minute soldering iron. It uses 2 NiCd sub C's and an old fashioned thermal trip to end charge. It is bypassed with a resistor to continue trickle charging the sub C's are something like 1300 mah. The 2 cell pack is long dead. Replacements are acailable, as are much higher capacity NiCd and NiMH cells. I do not use the iron very often so I am looking at LTO (2.4 volt lithium) or Low self discharge NiMH. that hold a charge for a long time. The problem is more logistic than technical. I found one Chinese company that makes an ic that does what those little ebay boards do for the 3.6 volt lithium cells and I doubt if I could get just one. The LTO batteries are available They can be charged at 5C. But the  Chinese chip only is good for an amp. As for the low self discharge NiMh, the only maker in sub C seems to be some German company. Farnell has them but I am in the US and Newark lists them but has a $30 sur charge to import them from Europe. Without the thermal trip I might be able to squeeze a couple of C cells in there. My smart charger uses the Delta method to detirmine full charge.  I considered an 18650 but I see no reasonable way to get rid of 1.2 volts. A couple of diodes will put a lot of heat inside the case. Any thoughts appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf