Author Topic: Inquiry for ?Underground 512 hz sonde for Plumbing detector system?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline avokarayanTopic starter

All I know there is a control unit above ground has 4mhz crystal, a microchip and few more components, and from there 2 wires go underground and on a end is a coil ( no ferrite, 500 winding, 29-30GA ) witch will transmit a 512HZ signal. Can you please help me with the simple circuit diagram. Thank you.
The same sonde used mostly by plumbers, to get the location of the problem in a sewer or drain lines
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:40:02 am by avokarayan »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Inquiry for ?Underground 512 hz sonde for Plumbing detector system?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 06:43:30 pm »
people will need more information than that.

The following users thanked this post: avokarayan

Offline Richard Crowley

• Super Contributor
  • KJ7YLK
Re: Inquiry for ?Underground 512 hz sonde for Plumbing detector system?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 07:13:25 pm »
Your description sounds backwards.  They typically bury an insulated wire alongside a pipe (particularly a non-conductive pipe like plastic.) Then, to detect it, they connect a simple transmitter to the exposed end of the buried wire, and use a receiver with a loop antenna above the surface to identify the location of the buried wire (and the adjacent pipe.)  If you have some other kind of activity in mind, then please reveal it.

This is sometimes called "fox and hound".  There are many resources available online by spending a few quality milliseconds with Google. You could start here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=underground+pipe+locator+circuit&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjewOm4uf7QAhVEVWMKHWqfDHYQsAQIfA&biw=1280&bih=660

The following users thanked this post: avokarayan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf