Author Topic: interfacing with a a070vw05 v2 screen  (Read 3027 times)

Offline carbon dude oxideTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
interfacing with a a070vw05 v2 screen
« on: April 02, 2013, 09:15:48 pm »
hello :)

i found this a070vw05 screen in my box of spares and i was wondering if there was a way of interfacing it to my raspberry pi so i can use it?

here is the datasheet : http://www.avidia.com.tw/docs/product/A070VW05%20V.2.pdf

so far i have been able to get the back light powered up and it does not look like it has any dead pixels so its looking like a nice 7in screen so far :)

i do also have a "3609 SY 9901 FOR A070VW05 LCD" board that the screen connected to. This board also has a connector which i believe went into the small net book it came from.

i do hope that it is possible to interface this screen as it would fit nicely in making my pi a portable games arcade :D
-----
Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler
-----

Offline Zapro

• Contributor
  • Breaking stuff to go fix it again
Re: interfacing with a a070vw05 v2 screen
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:04:08 pm »
I am sorry to say this: If You have to ask, you won't get it working with your Pi.

It's a very complicated affair to make it work with another controller than it was originally married to.

// Per.

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »
You can drive this lcd with beagleboard/bleaglebone as it has parallel interface for lcds
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:43:21 am »
I can't open your datasheet for some reason, but given its origin it's most likely a standard LVDS panel. That board you have is the T-con for it and turns LVDS input into the signals needed to drive the panel.

A quick Google suggests the RPi has LVDS output. How difficult it is to actually connect and get a display working, I'm not sure (Broadcom proprietariness |O)

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 11:55:12 am »
I can't open your datasheet for some reason, but given its origin it's most likely a standard LVDS panel. That board you have is the T-con for it and turns LVDS input into the signals needed to drive the panel.

A quick Google suggests the RPi has LVDS output. How difficult it is to actually connect and get a display working, I'm not sure (Broadcom proprietariness |O)

not an lvds panel
RPI doesnt have lvds
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf