Author Topic: is this 110/220 to 5v module is safe?  (Read 972 times)

Offline sairfan1Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
is this 110/220 to 5v module is safe?
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:28:33 pm »
These 110/220 to 5v step down modules are available on ebay and aliexpress.  Please refer to attached image and marked area in red, I found that distance between main input and curuit is too short, just wanted to know does it matters? is it safe to have too short distance from main input.

Thanks.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: is this 110/220 to 5v module is safe?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 10:24:34 pm »
These 110/220 to 5v step down modules are available on ebay and aliexpress.  Please refer to attached image and marked area in red, I found that distance between main input and curuit is too short, just wanted to know does it matters? is it safe to have too short distance from main input.

Thanks.
It depends on what you mean by safe?

Yes, the 5V side doesn't appear to have sufficient separation from the mains and it might not be isolated at all, but that isn't a problem in some applications. If it's used as part of a device, where everything connected to that module, is treated with the same precautions as mains, then it's perfectly safe. It's only if it's used in an application, where the user isn't well enough insulated from the output of that module, that it becomes a safety hazard. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf