Author Topic: Kenwood CS-5170 measurement  (Read 2947 times)

Offline SilenusTopic starter

• Contributor
Kenwood CS-5170 measurement
« on: December 18, 2014, 08:02:30 am »
Hey guys,

Bit of a newbie question here. Was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to read/determine cursor measurements on my Kenwood CS-5170
With the delta t option selected it gives me a ratio but I'm not quite sure what it means. How do I find delta t, and by extension other measurements?

Offline HalfSpace

• Regular Contributor
Re: Kenwood CS-5170 measurement
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:39:48 pm »
Hi Silenus,

I could not find an operation manual on the web, but I found a service manual. Here is the link if you do not have one.

http://elektrotanya.com/kenwood_cs-5170_sm.pdf/download.html

I think it is reading ratio because the variable timebase control is not in the cal position. The smallest knob on the timebase control needs to be fully clockwise.

HalfSpace  :)
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever."

Offline w2aew

• Super Contributor
  • I usTa cuDnt speL enjinere, noW I aR wuN
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 02:36:02 am »
Hey guys,

Bit of a newbie question here. Was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to read/determine cursor measurements on my Kenwood CS-5170
With the delta t option selected it gives me a ratio but I'm not quite sure what it means. How do I find delta t, and by extension other measurements?

It's giving you a ratio instead of a delta-t because you don't have the variable control on the time/div rotated fully clockwise to the 'calibrated' position. Thus, the horizontal sweep time is not calibrated.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/w2aew
FAE for Tektronix
Technical Coordinator for the ARRL Northern NJ Section

Offline SilenusTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 02:34:27 am »
Thanks guys, solved the problem :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf