Author Topic: Latching circuit  (Read 1358 times)

Offline LarsTTopic starter

• Contributor
Latching circuit
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:27:16 pm »
Ok, so I've tried making a latching circuit (seen in eevblog #262) using two complementary transistors and two switches for setting and releasing the latch (see attachment). When connecting power to the circuit it does (most of the time) turn itself on automatically unless I've closed the releasing switch right before. I've also tried adding a 10k pull up on the PNP as well as a 10k pull down on the NPN, as well as a capacitor (0.1uF) in parallell to the releasing switch in order to short this when I connect power. None of these measures have been 100% successful. What am I doing wrong here?

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Re: Latching circuit
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 01:40:40 am »
Try 1k B-E resistors.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline LarsTTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Latching circuit
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:05:26 pm »
Try 1k B-E resistors.

Tim

I tried, but with same result as before. I tried a 0.1uF cap on release switch in combination with a 10k pull down on the NPN and that seem to work reliably.

I have modified the curcuit to cut the power when supply voltage drops below a set voltage by comparing a defined fraction of the supply voltage to a fixed voltage reference of 3.30V. This circuit does seem to work, but is there anything I should be aware of?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf