Author Topic: LBO-514A Disassemble  (Read 1429 times)

Offline frrobertTopic starter

• Contributor
LBO-514A Disassemble
« on: February 28, 2016, 03:35:25 pm »
I was gifted a LBO-514A.  It looks in good shape but the when when I move the volts/div knobs I get erratic behavior. The height may or may not change.  So I am thinking it may need a good cleaning on the inside and hopefully some contact cleaner may solve the issue.

The problem  I do not have and manual and I am unable to find one online. 

I want to take the cover off but I am unsure how to take it off.  The scope has screws in the top cover, the bottom, and the front panel.

I assume you just take the screws off the top cover but before I do am I want to make sure I am on the right track.  I would hate to loosen something I shouldn't but maybe I am just over cautious. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Offline mstoer

• Contributor
Re: LBO-514A Disassemble
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 04:35:44 pm »
Here is the service manual: http://elektrotanya.com/leader_lbo_514.pdf/download.html

It downloaded for me just fine. It does not tell you how to open the case or maintain it, just gives you a functional block diagram and schematics. 

Offline frrobertTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 12:31:53 am »
Figured it out.

To get inside remove the top cover screws on the top and side and the cover slips right off.

Offline mstoer

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 02:33:45 am »
This may seem obvious to you, but take photos as you go just to be sure you know how to put it all back later on.  I once took a scope apart that had a kind of a spring underneath a ground braid that was jammed into a groove of the front bezel to maintain good electrical contact.  It popped all of it out after the bezel was sitting aside  and we weren't looking.  Took a while to figure out what went where ...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf