Author Topic: Linear Technology LT3042 , LDO chip with 79 dB PSRR at 1 Mhz ...  (Read 1837 times)

Offline BravoVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Recently I spotted this chip, and found that it's performance on low noise output is quite impressive, cmiiw. Not sure if there are similar products from others competing manufacturers.

Its the Linear Technology LT3042, linky -> LT3042 page or PDF Datasheet

Few interesting charts from the product's journal ...

This made me think to use it say like powering sensitive analog front end (eg: buffering circuit and etc) as in measurement circuit/project which sometimes need to be fully "isolated" from the back end circuit, and a quite and clean power source.

As isolated power means only few options (cmiiw), either using it's own separated power source which is cumbersome, or using the same power from the back end circuit which far more convenient and less complexity, but through switching power (eg: thru transformer) as in isolation requirement and of course it needs to be "cleaned".

Regarding the "cleaning" part, is this chip suitable, or at least a good candidate to be used as a post regulator to power the front end sensitive analog circuit ?

Or any other comments or discussion regarding it's performance are welcomed.

.... and NO, I'm not affiliated with Linear Technology or what so ever ...  >:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf