Author Topic: Lithium battery charger  (Read 1601 times)

Offline zerorisersTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • young noobie, my apologies for low knowledge base.
Lithium battery charger
« on: December 16, 2014, 04:58:21 pm »
I hear all these things about balancing circuts when people talk aboit charging lithium batteries. I have been slowly making a high capacity lithium batyery pack to plug into my phone. All batteries are in parralell along with the current phone battery. Sometimes the battery shows as the normal but is able to use power from the battery pack and other times it shows a question mark and showsit is an unknown battery still pulling power. Why is this? Thank you, and I appolagize for poor formatting I am on my phone.

Offline cpt.charlie

• Contributor
Re: Lithium battery charger
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 11:07:04 pm »
Maybe the battery charge monitoring circuit is unable to work with "high" capacity batteries and thus unable to determine the remaining charge.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 11:20:16 pm »
Check the basics, is the cable plugged in properly, check the resistance of the cable, are you noticing it gives the "?" when using a specific cable, and not with another cable.

The problem you describe sounds symptomatic of your "high capacity" battery not presenting the appropriate configuration data or data-pin setup to the device to indicate that it is capable of supplying more than the 500mA standard for USB and so your phone is falling back to 500mA only.
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline zerorisersTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • young noobie, my apologies for low knowledge base.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 02:15:44 pm »
Sorry about my inactivity, i took apart the old batter and the actual lithium cell was replaced with a higher capacity battery, after a while i believe i killed the charging circuit on the phone itself as when it is plugged in I don't even get the light saying it is plugged in. So the pins are all the same. I have used the same charger for a long time, even still use it with my new phone.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf