Author Topic: Meaning of parallel dotted lines and sines in connection lines  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Back2VoltsTopic starter

• Supporter
What is the meaning of the dotted lines in the attached schematic ?     All I can think is that they are connector related.

What about the sines on the connector on the upper right corner ?    There are two distinct sizes.      AC of low/high voltage ?

Offline NottheDan

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Meaning of parallel dotted lines and sines in connection lines
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 01:15:21 pm »
Maybe I am missing something or the pig viewer here doesn't show something but the only dotted lines I see indicate the separate PCBs.

Offline Andy Watson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 01:20:43 pm »
Search the forum for a previous visit to this schematic - there is much that is wrong with it. The dotted lines vaguely define PCB modules and the arrows in the top corner hint at the connections between modules. However, if you try to follow the connections you will find they are inconsistent.
Edit: See this thread:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/mastech-hy5020e-50v-20a-bench-supply-economical-to-repair/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:33:56 pm by Andy Watson »

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 01:53:48 pm »
Maybe I am missing something or the pig viewer here doesn't show something but the only dotted lines I see indicate the separate PCBs.

Never mind.   My Adobe Reader was missing a font pack.   The funny thing is that when I installed it, the affected areas do not have any off looking characters...  but obviously pulled from a different code set.

Problem solved.

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »
Search the forum for a previous visit to this schematic - there is much that is wrong with it. The dotted lines vaguely define PCB modules and the arrows in the top corner hint at the connections between modules. However, if you try to follow the connections you will find they are inconsistent.
Edit: See this thread:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/mastech-hy5020e-50v-20a-bench-supply-economical-to-repair/

Thank you for bringing this up.     I will definitely read about it and open the PS to look for any odd stuff.    I got it used six moths ago, but have not gottem to look at it yet.   I am still trying to find the proper schematic for my Shenzhen Mastech HY3003-3, and somehow run into this one.    I suspect many areas are similar to the one attached.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf