Author Topic: MiniPro TL866CS Fail......  (Read 3116 times)

Offline elmontadorTopic starter

MiniPro TL866CS Fail......
« on: March 16, 2018, 04:10:59 pm »
Hello everyone.
I needed to program a Nand Flash (HY27US08121B) so i look trough the internet and i came to the conclusion  that the MiniPro for it's price was very good, i downloaded the software from their site to be sure that the specific nand was supported, and it was. So i buy the programmer knowing in advance that i needed a separate adapter (TSOP32/40/48). wen it arrive i install the software, tested with some devices and change it from model CS to A, wen i went to the list to look for the part i needed (HY27US08121B)  |O FAILLLLLL.
When i tested it i download the TL866II version of software witch indeed supports the Nand, i wasn't aware that i ordered the wrong model. my question is whats the difference between TL866A and TL866II ?
Can it be changed like the same way you changed it from CS to A,  :-//
Someone wants a second hand almost never touched programmer ? :-DD

Offline bson

• Supporter
Re: MiniPro TL866CS Fail......
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:44:11 pm »
Their versioning is completely incomprehensible!

The TL866CS is the original programmer and has a max Vp = 21V
The TL866A is a version that supports serial devices, Vp max = 21V
The TL866II is a recently released version, Vp max = 12V18V it seems

It's sometimes called TL866II Pro, or Plus, or just TL866II.

In addition, the software is for the TL866II, but supports the A and CS.  The A and II support slightly different devices.  (The A is a superset of the CS.)  The II (software) supports everything any of the devices support.  That's the truly confusing part.

It would have been so much easier to use different product codes, say TL866, TL870, and TL880.  Then call the software "Device programmer for the TL800 series".  ONLY list chip support for the programmers, under the obvious assumption that the software supports all chips for all programmers its supports (what would be the point otherwise).

I mean, like any sensible business elsewhere in the world would have done.  So given a device you need to program can easily figure out which programmer and adapter to buy, then just download the software and hit to GO button.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:58:29 pm by bson »

Offline elmontadorTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 10:33:50 pm »
i man, tank's for your input.
it's really confusing, the TL886CS (that's the one i bought) after i tested it i flash it to became model TL886A ( according to my research online the only difference its the ICSP connector for in circuit programing ) in the hope that it will support more devices, in the menu of the software that came with it (HELP/ UPDATE online) gives-me a link (http://www.xgecu.com/en/) i then download the 6.70 version witch ask me to re-flash, and i did. The software detects my programmer ( Hardware Interface Ver: TL866A V03.2.81) and it works, but if a download and install the latest version on their site ( V7.05 ) it doesn't recognize my hardware, so i suppose it only work´s with the new version TL866II  :wtf:
i wonder what MR. Dave would do ?  :-BROKE

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 07:54:07 am »
The software detects my programmer ( Hardware Interface Ver: TL866A V03.2.81) and it works, but if a download and install the latest version on their site ( V7.05 ) it doesn't recognize my hardware, so i suppose it only work´s with the new version TL866II  :wtf:

That's right. That download on the manufacturer's web page is clearly labelled as "TL866II Plus Application Software (V7.05)".

The latest software for the older models seems to be version 6.70, which can be downloaded on the same page, just below. (http://www.autoelectric.cn/en/tl866_main.html)

Offline Deckert

• Regular Contributor
    • TechBench
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 08:05:53 pm »
It looks like they're still doing minor updates and have added a few devices for the 6.xx strain. The latest version available now is 6.85:
http://www.autoelectric.cn/en/tl866_main.html

--deckert

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 09:08:14 pm »
In addition, the software is for the TL866II, but supports the A and CS.

Are you sure? The Autoelectric website explicitly states the opposite:

TL866II PlusApplication Software( V8.30 ) Download
(Not Support TL866CS/A programmer)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf