Author Topic: Motorcycle Wiring Diagram for lighting  (Read 838 times)

Offline jackietanTopic starter

Motorcycle Wiring Diagram for lighting
« on: January 05, 2018, 03:30:32 pm »
I have a question for Motorcycle lighting. I have draft a wiring diagram posted here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1213320-harley-davidson-electra-glo.html

Electra Glo
Purple (Three LEDs lighted on the left) / Black & Green (Negative) / Purple & White (Three LEDs lighted on the right)

Existing light
Red (Brake) / White (Positive) / Green (Turn) / Black (Negative)

Offline jackietanTopic starter

Re: Motorcycle Wiring Diagram for lighting
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 03:34:50 pm »
1. Can I join both the Negative wire from Existing Light with the Electra Glo together?
2. Can I combine the two Electra Glo wires and connect to Existing Light Brake and Running separately?   

Offline jeroen79

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 05:03:23 pm »
That would short the brake and running lights so they will always light together.
Add diodes before the join to keep the two lines separate.

Offline rbm

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 09:57:18 pm »
Be careful.  I did a quick search on the Electra Glo brake light kit and it is supposed to be used with a provided module.  The module is supposed to adapt the lights to the existing HD wiring harness.  I am not a HD knowledgable person but I would think that the wiring on the HD is Canbus and not old-school.  So paralleling the Electra Glos onto the existing signal and brake circuits will most certainly upset the electronics on your bike and may do damage.  Have you tried to follow the provided installation instructions?
- Robert

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf