Author Topic: Motors with internal ESC PCBs  (Read 981 times)

Offline rthorntnTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Motors with internal ESC PCBs
« on: August 14, 2018, 02:08:11 am »
Hello All,

To all the helpful folks on the forum... Thank you, thank you, thank you, this is the most helpful forum ever!

I'm a bit confused with all the options and can't even figure out what these things are called (I have seen BLDC, PWM, ESC...).  Ebay has some cheap Chinese jobbies called:

"Nedic DC 12V-24V 9300RPM Mini DC Brushless Motor Inner Rotor PWM Speed Control"

My guess is they should have 3 wires (+ / - / PWM).

I'm looking for what I would call a motor with an internal ESC.

I would like it to be decent quality, I can adjust the speed with PWM on something like an Arduino between something like 500-10000rpm, voltage can be 12, 24 or 48v.  It will be moving a 150mm fan blade so it doesn't need much torque (I basically need to move air around an oven so the fan blade will be inside the oven and the motor outside).

Budget is $50, it would be good if I could source them from Australia and they came with some useful documentation.

Thanks.

Richard

Offline anvoice

• Regular Contributor
Re: Motors with internal ESC PCBs
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 05:28:53 am »
I think that ebay one you found might be the right one for the job, assuming you don't need too much power. Otherwise you could get a modest motor and ESC for less than $50, then control it with a PWM signal.
Are you sure you need a brushless motor? If not, the control is actually much simpler.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:38:27 am by anvoice »

The following users thanked this post: rthorntn

Offline rthorntnTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 05:37:31 am »
Thanks, it will be a speed controlled fan, I want the fan speed to change programatically.

The motor and the fan blade have to be seperate.

Offline anvoice

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 05:40:20 am »
Yep, I was actually typing furiously as you posted this to modify my response. Think I blanked on reading the part about the fan. So yes, the Chinese version you found is probably a good contender, unless you need more power in which case a small but powerful BLDC motor and ESC combo is not much more expensive.

You could also use a brushed motor. Those are cheap, and control is super easy if you don't need to reverse direction.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:47:33 am by anvoice »

Online IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 06:00:11 am »
Ah those "programmatic specificities"

Rudd would be proud of You.

( a comment on our former prime minister)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf