Author Topic: Multimeter  (Read 28699 times)

Offline mrkev

• Regular Contributor
Re: Multimeter
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2013, 10:27:42 pm »
I also have a very low opinion of Mastech.
I have m3900, i bought it for about 12$ and it's an great meter for that crazy price :D

Offline christosTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2013, 11:35:15 pm »
forgot to mention that my fathers friend have a Keithley Model 2000 . he told me he bought it for 1300EUR and gave it to me free....the problem with that is    I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS..ok it have many buttons and in the manual it says that it only reads AC DC Volts(TRMS) Current,Ohm and many other things..its a nice bench Digital multimeter and it sits under my bench cuz i dont know how it works
if anyone have the same multimeter..tell me how it works exept the volts,current and ohms..i know how they work .thx

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2013, 11:39:48 pm »
Are you seriously that much of a moron that you can't think of using Google to find a manual ?

Here, let me help you:  https://www.google.com/search?q=Keithley+2000+user+manual

First four results are links to the pdf with the manual.

Offline Fsck

• Super Contributor
  • sleep deprived
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2013, 11:42:16 pm »
forgot to mention that my fathers friend have a Keithley Model 2000 . he told me he bought it for 1300EUR and gave it to me free....the problem with that is    I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS..ok it have many buttons and in the manual it says that it only reads AC DC Volts(TRMS) Current,Ohm and many other things..its a nice bench Digital multimeter and it sits under my bench cuz i dont know how it works
if anyone have the same multimeter..tell me how it works exept the volts,current and ohms..i know how they work .thx

it'd take someone pages to explain it. you really should read the manual, it's hundreds of pages long.
"This is a one line proof...if we start sufficiently far to the left."

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2013, 12:06:40 am »

it'd take someone pages to explain it. you really should read the manual, it's hundreds of pages long.
i wont use it. i just need a normal multimeter..this multimeter is like a scientific calculator(hp 15c) the one i got..took me days to learn it

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2013, 12:14:39 am »
Well, how nice of you to have a tool other people dream of having and not use it because you're too lazy to learn how to use it... Like having a Ferrari in the garage and sticking to a Ford because you don't want to learn to use a manual gearbox.

What a disgusting attitude...

Offline Dave

• Super Contributor
  • I like to measure things.
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2013, 12:19:05 am »
Just sell it and use the money to buy a decent Fluke or Agilent handheld DMM and keep the rest of the cash. Beats the hell out of keeping it under your bench.
<fellbuendel> it's arduino, you're not supposed to know anything about what you're doing
<fellbuendel> if you knew, you wouldn't be using it

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2013, 12:22:33 am »
I'll be glad to swap you a UT61E for a Keithley 2000...

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2013, 12:49:20 am »
Actually I will up your bid! I will send a UT71E instead of a UT61E and a Digitek DT2843R and will pay for shipping for everything both ways for the Keithley 2000!

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2013, 01:18:43 am »
Actually I will up your bid! I will send a UT71E instead of a UT61E and a Digitek DT2843R and will pay for shipping for everything both ways for the Keithley 2000!
Considering the Keithly isn't being used by the OP (nor getting the sense this will change), this is actually a good deal IMHO.  :o  ;D

Offline Dave

• Super Contributor
  • I like to measure things.
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2013, 01:27:56 am »
Heck, I'd trade you an Agilent U1232A and a UT61E. ;D
<fellbuendel> it's arduino, you're not supposed to know anything about what you're doing
<fellbuendel> if you knew, you wouldn't be using it

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2013, 01:35:53 am »
Well, how nice of you to have a tool other people dream of having and not use it because you're too lazy to learn how to use it... Like having a Ferrari in the garage and sticking to a Ford because you don't want to learn to use a manual gearbox.

What a disgusting attitude...
sorry about that .is it really that good?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2013, 01:40:13 am »
wow..i didnt know ot was THAT good..you are making me to think to use it..at least..can someone tell me for what jobs its for?my dads friend was working somrthing with Communications and Networking..hes house  is full of anntenas

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2013, 01:46:06 am »
Are you seriously that much of a moron that you can't think of using Google to find a manual ?

Here, let me help you:  https://www.google.com/search?q=Keithley+2000+user+manual

First four results are links to the pdf with the manual.
its not that..im to lazy to read it..it has a manual to..

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2013, 01:56:49 am »
i made all of you think that im like a moron to not use it..the problem is that i can only use that for volts,current and ohm..i dont use it becuse i dont have so much skills that the multimeter poseses..its like my dad buys me a car and i dont even have a driving license..im just 20 years old..im a student at a Technical Vocational Institute in Thessaloniki(TEI called in greece)..im not in hurry..i wont sell it or throuw it..it may get handy some day..sorry about that :)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2013, 01:59:52 am »
at least..can someone recomend me some multimeters aroud 100 EUR -+ 30
got in mind the
 UNI-T UT71B or D
BK Precision 2709B

Dave showd some multimeters around 100 dollars but i think theres more around the amount of Eur i want to spend

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2013, 02:02:34 am »
Get off your arse and read the manual of the amazing bench meter you have and few of us can afford. You don't need a cheapo handheld multimeter.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2013, 02:05:27 am »
Get off your arse and read the manual of the amazing bench meter you have and few of us can afford. You don't need a cheapo handheld multimeter.
its 300++ pages i think

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2013, 02:06:17 am »
its 300++ pages i think

Stop making excuses. 300 pages is an afternoon's reading.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2013, 02:09:09 am »
at least..can someone recomend me some multimeters aroud 100 EUR -+ 30
got in mind the
 UNI-T UT71B or D
BK Precision 2709B

Dave showd some multimeters around 100 dollars but i think theres more around the amount of Eur i want to spend
Go back and take another look at the Brymen's that were recommended IMHO, such as the BM257.

Second, $100USD  is less than 100EUR (1EUR is ~= 1.3744USD).

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2013, 02:14:29 am »
its 300++ pages i think

Stop making excuses. 300 pages is an afternoon's reading.
LOL ..ill try it slowly

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf