Author Topic: Multimeter Final Decision  (Read 4036 times)

Offline arismaTopic starter

• Contributor
Multimeter Final Decision
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:44:02 pm »
Hi, and sorry for this (one more time multimeter) thread, but i hope this can help to beginner or to have a tool than can be useful in any time or by hobby.

I think most of us(newbie on electronics) are searching for a tool for "all"(yes, i know), i mean, we want a tool with: current, volts, resistance, capacitance, and why not thermometer, because we dont know what can we need.
For example, recently i have bought an 3D printer, if something fails, a multimeter could be helper,(i promise dont use multimeter on wall mount(mains)), or to use with raspberry, orange pi, or just to learn.
So after reading the forum, choosing and erasing models, we can reduce list to:
Uni-T UT61E, For some the best choose for anothers is better avoid it. About 45€
Uni-T UT139C, Recommended sometimes for beginners instead UT61E(for components quality?). About 37€
Aneng An860B+. More completed than An8008 and maybe a better one.From 16.44-22.44€

And of course, Fluke. Considerating not all in one(for price)
Fluke 101. Not A. 36,79(Chinese version)-66.56€(Amazon)
Fluke 107. About 56€ for Chinese version, serigraphy)

Any tips?

And thanks a lot.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
Re: Multimeter Final Decision
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:06:54 pm »
Knock the two Flukes off your list. They are "electricians meters" that only measure amps, no mA or µA ranges, which you'll need if your main usage is low voltage electronics.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: arisma

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:11:07 pm »
Uni-T UT136. You are not buying a future heirloom, no reason to make it expensive.
Alex

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:43:45 pm »
For what you want to do I would go with two Aneng An860B+. It will be very useful to be able to measure things like oltage and current at the same time for example. The UT139C is much better built but not enough to justify it over the Aneng for your uses.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:05:59 pm »
Uni-T UT136. You are not buying a future heirloom, no reason to make it expensive.
I can vouch for the UT136. Excellent meter for the price.

A thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/review-uni-t-ut136b-tired-of-the-multimeter-snobs-a-very-nice-budget-meter!/
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:45:24 am by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 06:36:26 pm »
Thanks for your opinions.

Uni-T UT136B is about 13.56(Ebay)-14.30€(AE) and UT136C aprox 13.00(Ebay)-15.03(AE)

And there is an UT-136D(AE->15.77€) with NCV, but its better to get one with capacitance than temperature sensor, isnt it?

And yes, i can get 2 Aneng(best price) and its cheaper than Uni-T. Or maybe 1 Aneng and 1 Uni-T UT136B.

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 06:41:25 pm »
but its better to get one with capacitance than temperature sensor, isnt it?
Yes, it is.

And yes, i can get 2 Aneng(best price) and its cheaper than Uni-T. Or maybe 1 Aneng and 1 Uni-T UT136B.
Where do you see Aneng cheaper than Uni-T? Or you mean the expensive Uni-T from the first post?
Alex

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 06:46:36 pm »
Sorry, i mean its cheaper than UT61B or UT139C.
Where do you see Aneng cheaper than Uni-T? Or you mean the expensive Uni-T from the first post?
[/quote]

The following users thanked this post: stylius

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 08:31:53 pm »
And there is an UT-136D(AE->15.77€) with NCV, but its better to get one with capacitance than temperature sensor, isnt it?
My personal experience with NCV integrated in multimeters is that they are too sensitive and therefore of little use.

Both the capacitance and the temperature measurements are useful for electronics, therefore if you consider purchasing two, I would get one of each (B and C).

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 09:17:41 pm »

A thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/review-uni-t-ut136b-tired-of-the-multimeter-snobs-a-very-nice-budget-meter!/

I did that review, and the link is:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/review-uni-t-ut136b-tired-of-the-multimeter-snobs-a-very-nice-budget-meter!/msg239294/#msg239294

It is the lowest meter that I would recommend.

Offline Back2Volts

• Supporter

Offline Mattjd

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 12:00:05 am »
I have two Unit_T UT139C, I like em. I have a fluke 117 too and never touch it ( I dont do residential shit at all)/.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 12:46:09 am »

I did that review, and the link is:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/review-uni-t-ut136b-tired-of-the-multimeter-snobs-a-very-nice-budget-meter!/msg239294/#msg239294

It is the lowest meter that I would recommend.

Forum messing up our URLs...  >:(

Thanks, Back2Volts!

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 06:21:36 am »
Then it seems like UT136B is a must have. Now, alone or with Aneng860B+/UT136C?.

Regards.

PD: Finally i think that 1 UT136B(damn 9V battery xD) and 1 Aneng860B+(as Lightages said). Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:08:51 am by arisma »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf