Author Topic: My e-cig died.  (Read 5551 times)

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: My e-cig died.
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 02:59:55 pm »
So I vape.  I use multi-ohm coils at 8-10W.  Sub-ohm'ers use coils which will not fire properly under 20-30W.  Their justification is it produces more vapor and thus more flavour.  I vape with a nicotine concentration of around 18mg/ml, so about 0.018% nicotine.  A sub-ohm'er would probably turn purple and splutter at those levels, so they run at 0.004% nicotine and generate about 10 times more vapour.... which they produce in clouds which then pisses people off, get vapers a bad name and ultimately will get it banned in public and/or all other places!

The stupid kid at school should have been allowed to play in the traffic as a child and they wouldn't be a problem any more.  I am absolutely tired of protecting and pampering to idiots and having the rest of the sensible world banned from doing things that stupid people might hurt themselves with.
i use single sub ohm (0.5 ohm) coil at 15 - 30W no problem. but we do vape considerately around people as they tend to consider it as normal smoking (perceptually). yes those stupid kids with their mega cloud but naturally they will go extinct as they need to reconsider their purpose in life. they will not get that long, the cost alone can get exponential for these show off, thats for good.

for those safety analysts who want to compare vape vs automobile risk... compared with a burnt thigh, we can have a burnt station... ymmv...

Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
    • Enlighten Scientific LLC
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 05:26:51 pm »
Well, let's see. Sitting in the car and basically filling up unattended and, most likely, still running the engine. I see this so often as well as people walking off into the store while filling, sometimes with the engine running and no-one else in the car. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2018, 07:22:58 pm »
Over here the pumps don't latch on, you have to start and hold it.
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline glarsson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 09:19:57 pm »
Told you.  :popcorn:

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 06:29:41 am »
Another reason why sub ohm vaping will get it all banned.
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

The following users thanked this post: BergRD

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 08:48:15 am »
It looks as if a guy got his teeth shattered and neck broken by one back in 2015 too (near the end of the report). Ouch!  :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44149281
Best Regards, Chris

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 10:13:50 am »
Same guy.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 11:04:05 am »
It looks as if a guy got his teeth shattered and neck broken by one back in 2015 too (near the end of the report). Ouch!  :o
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44149281

read to the end...
The vape pen that Mr D'Elia was using was modified, meaning it allowed the user more access to the battery and did not regulate the voltage in the same way as other e-cigarettes.

The president of the American Vaping Association told the New York Times that most other e-cigarettes have more safety features than so-called mechanical mods. Such safety features can include computer chips.

Another reason why sub ohm vaping should be ok, but modding it (or diy) is not ok.. if we judge from isolated incident, then all cars (or anything using gas) should be banned.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline glarsson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 11:08:59 am »
Another reason why sub ohm vaping should be ok, but modding it (or diy) is not ok..
Modding or building your own as was suggested by the OP in reply #7.

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 11:54:57 am »
This is a bit of media using terms incorrectly.

The term "Mod" referring to the battery portion of the eCig uses to be called "Mod" because they were home modified for higher output (amongst other things).

However you can buy "Mods" today.  The name has stuck, but it does not mean they are modified.

I use a Ionnikin Coolfire IV which is technically called a "Mod" even though it has not been modified.

Offline BradC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 12:26:49 pm »
Over here the pumps don't latch on, you have to start and hold it.

They removed the latch pins in our pumps here years ago. I used to carry a bit of stainless welding rod to pop in the holes until I discovered the threaded part of most fuel caps are just the right size to pop in the handle and keep it filling.

Offline BergRD

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 01:12:11 pm »
I've been vaping since the beginning.. Well since it's recent incarnation as the original 'vaporizer' was patented back in the 1800's early 1900's..

I have vaped sub-ohm a better part of 8 years now but do it smartly.  I don't do Vape Tricks nor 'Cloud Blowing' and I have never had an issue.  I follow strict battery rules (maint, storage, charging, etc) as well build coils within spec of the amperage and chemistry of the batteries being used.  It can work if you think ahead and work within the rules and boundaries of the devices, batteries and coils.  "Most" people who have had issues have failed or ignored the rules.

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 01:19:11 pm »
Looking at the construction the Delrin insulator which brings the threaded conductor to the atomizer seems a weakspot to me. They should redesign it with a conductor cast in epoxy, with adjustment screws top and bottom (would make adjusting for the vaporizer more annoying though). No path for gas to force it's way to the atomizer without the insulator failing and a chunk of epoxy chemically bonded to the outer metal and the conductor (both threaded) will be much sturdier than the Delrin.

It can still blow a chunk out of your hand as the bottom becomes the weakest link, but better than your face.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:24:51 pm by Marco »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf