Author Topic: My wee 555 timer circuit!  (Read 948 times)

Offline Terry01Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
My wee 555 timer circuit!
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:54:32 pm »
I have a wee "555 circuit" made up on a breadboard that's been in my 1 of my desk drawers for well over a year now!
I love adding in a couple more LED's or changing the capacitors or resistors around and measuring the changes around the circuit on 2 or 3 meters,,....4 or even 5 if it's the weekend and i'm really going at it!
Every newby should make something like this up and spend a wee while tinkering with it. It's amazing what you can learn from a simple wee circuit!
The 555 is such a simple wee chip but it's so versatile!

Tonight's yabber over  :) 
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

The following users thanked this post: Wimberleytech

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: My wee 555 timer circuit!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 01:02:22 am »
The 555 really is pretty amazing, and as I recall it almost didn't get developed. Even now that a microcontroller can do just about anything a 555 can do and for about the same cost, I still like to use the old 555 now and then.

The following users thanked this post: Wimberleytech

Offline Terry01Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: My wee 555 timer circuit!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 06:57:29 am »
Yes, i'm sure I have read that too James. It's survived the "test of time" as they say right?

I just went and read some of the Wiki info about it just now!  :) On the go since 1972, 1 billion per year(estimated) produced, the most popular IC ever made.....yada yada yada....!

I'm going to do the same with a couple other chips and again just leave them made up so I can "tinker" with them and see what and how every part of the chip is working. I know for me I had a few "I understand now" moments with that simple wee circuit.
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf